Shells For Shelldwellers

DoucetteJ

Hi all, wondering if anyone knows of a Canadian online dealer of shells for shelldwellers. Or does anyone know if cichlidbreeding.com ships to Canada? I tried to make an order but it did recognize my address.

Online dealer or local places I can find shells :) looking for shells like escargot, whales eye, turbo shells etc etc.

Cheers,

Jason

Edited by DoucetteJ

I bought my shells off Ebay. There are lots of different kinds to choose from and they are usually also listed by shell opening size.

I bought some land snail shells and whales eye shells from this store http://stores.ebay.ca/Florida-Shells-and-Gifts/Hermit-Crab-Shells-/_i.html?_fsub=2659217&_sid=94288166&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I just bought a box of 20 turbo shells for $9 at Pier One yesterday. They appear to be polished and smooth (hopefully not painted or varnished, I will check before putting them in the tank.

They're actually $18 I think but there was an incorrect price tag someone had stuck on the bottom of the box so the cashier let me buy them for the lower price.

I emailed cichlidbreeding.com back around Christmas asking about shells & shipping to Canada, but got no response. I concluded that they must not want my Canadian money =)

Anways, good luck!

I just bought a box of 20 turbo shells for $9 at Pier One yesterday. They appear to be polished and smooth (hopefully not painted or varnished, I will check before putting them in the tank.

They're actually $18 I think but there was an incorrect price tag someone had stuck on the bottom of the box so the cashier let me buy them for the lower price.

I emailed cichlidbreeding.com back around Christmas asking about shells & shipping to Canada, but got no response. I concluded that they must not want my Canadian money =)

Anways, good luck!

i even went as far as trying to call them to get stuff off them, and they are only open on weekends for 6 hours...

i got mine from the seafood store, purchased a bag of "Escargot shells" and my brevis loved them and used and abused them

Edited by vince0

OMG Vince, which seafood store?? I called several last year when I was desperately trying to find shells and they all sounded as if they thought if I was crazy! I even called restaurant supply stores...

I've also found big bags of assorted shells at Walmart (in the candle section). Many aren't usable, but there were enough "turbo" type shells that I bought a bag (in desperation). Probably turned out to be less than $1/shell.

i even went as far as trying to call them to get stuff off them, and they are only open on weekends for 6 hours...

i got mine from the seafood store, purchased a bag of "Escargot shells" and my brevis loved them and used and abused them

OMG Vince, which seafood store?? I called several last year when I was desperately trying to find shells and they all sounded as if they thought if I was crazy! I even called restaurant supply stores...

I've also found big bags of assorted shells at Walmart (in the candle section). Many aren't usable, but there were enough "turbo" type shells that I bought a bag (in desperation). Probably turned out to be less than $1/shell.

blue world sea food or something like that. Its in the same mall as "the brick" near southland dr s.

I finally found some, went to the dollar store or dollar + store or whatever there called. They had some whales eye shells as well as some other ones I was looking at, also got some small purple clam shells for the substrate and a bag of larger clam shells just for fun. All in all about 10$ for 30-40 shells :) so I am super happy :) Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,

Jason

blue world sea food or something like that. Its in the same mall as "the brick" near southland dr s.

Hi Jason - which dollar store did you find all these shells? None of the dollar stores I've tried have had any =(

(Thanks Vince, will try the Blue Seafood again. I'm pretty sure I called them a few months ago and they didn't have any)

I finally found some, went to the dollar store or dollar + store or whatever there called. They had some whales eye shells as well as some other ones I was looking at, also got some small purple clam shells for the substrate and a bag of larger clam shells just for fun. All in all about 10$ for 30-40 shells :) so I am super happy :) Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,

Jason

Both dollar stores i have tried have had shells. They are sometimes hard to find but usually there.

I have had good luck with both Dollar stores and Dollaramas. Even Walmart in the Vase/pebble decoration section.