What is the fasted you got your fish to breed?

If you can believe it...

I came home and one of my saulosi females was holding. My father in law said he saw the whole thing!

I received the fish on June 17 and 11 days later (which is today, June 28) they started breeding.

I was just wondering if anyone also has had a similar experience in adding new fish and them going at it so fast.

Wha-Hoo!!!!

I'll post pics asap!

I'm so happy right now, i thought it was going to take a lot of time before this day would come!

Saulosi king in training! I just moved from step A (to get the fish), now i'm in step B (breeding them successfully).

i hope she holds to term!

I'll keep you posted!

nev

Edited by nevchewy

I bought 3 Brichardi cichlids at the CAS auction and within 2 weeks they spawned twice and I had approx. 60 fry skittling around the tank, I swear they must have been going at it in the bag on the drive home from the auction....they were breeding weekly ever since, until I lost the female while switching them to a bigger tank last month.

OK, so I was really late, I opened the can, the electric can opener functioned perfectly. Being rushed I hardly checked for bones, my wife says those bones provide calcium anyway. She already had some onions chopped up, so it was a simple matter to mix the fish the onions and a tablespoon of mayonaise together and spread it on some white sandwich bread. Total time 4 minutes 34 seconds............ :D Oh...... you meant BREED oh ..... never mind then. :chair: Ok now Nev changed the title, now I sound like I lost my mind. :rolleyes:

Edited by HOSStile

:&

i type too fast sometimes!

you get the idea! :lol:

nev

Edit to say: I fixed the title... i did say bread at one point. I'm adding that in just in case you would then think HOSStile was the crazy one. my bad!

Edited by nevchewy

• 5 months later...
My L. ocellatus bred 6 days after i got them.

Your record has been broken

I added a Male rusty from Jods2518 last week and it took 6 hours before i had a female holding.

So that makes it 2 females now in a week that are holding.

Its like i said all i needed was a male as i had the tank full of females.

(its funny how everything works too... Jods2518 actually told me where she got the male rusty from, and lone behold it was you Val)

nev