Who wants to Sh*tcan Rudy

rudy

I came accross the deal strictly by being the first one to see it. Another guy was in there trying to buy it as I was, but I was first in.

Dennis is a good guy. That is pretty much how I got it. He knows what it is, no fast ones involved. He just knows who his customers are.

I have no idea whether it is male or female, not many people have had the opportunity to have these. There are a few, but not many. They are incredibly rare now. I am sure there are some kicking around in people aquariums from years back and have absolutely no idea how rare they are.

I would pretend that I am not bragging, but I would be lying :drool: :beer: :thumbs:

I don't think there is any difference in the fish except for where it was collected. Are they not the same fish? I am not a pleco fanatic by any stretch so forgive me if I am wrong. I have read about them before as some guy had one on pfish and people went nuts. I do know that these species are pretty much the holy grail of plecos these days.

Edited by rudy

Whats in a name anyway,doesn't change the way they look.

There is a lot of misimformation and rumours about these fish, this is the one everyone gets excited about but they call it the wrong name and have been doing it since I was a kid, the suttonorum has a description that is quite different than cochliodon and can not be found in the wild even though many are trying.

I am certainly no expert but have been following this topic for quite some time and still kicking myself for not picking up a couple like you have when I had the chance a while ago.

It is (supposedly) a good tempered fish for a large panaque, definately a conversation piece and beautiful in a catfishy kind of way.

Which tank are you going to keep him/her in?