Diy Plywood Tank

ridersfan

Pond liner might be the way to go, unless you can find 2 part epoxy paint. I don't really know of a place in the city that stocks it; from what I've read people have to special order it.

Hey I've been following this and other DIY threads on building an aquarium. I'm thinking of doing it aswell. I'm pretty sure you can buy zavlar at home depot or home hardware. I searched it on home hardwares site and they have it. I couldn't get a price cause you need to sign up to their site. But at least it's something that is at our local hardware store.

Hey I've been following this and other DIY threads on building an aquarium. I'm thinking of doing it aswell. I'm pretty sure you can buy zavlar at home depot or home hardware. I searched it on home hardwares site and they have it. I couldn't get a price cause you need to sign up to their site. But at least it's something that is at our local hardware store.

Don't need to signup to view prices. They only want a postal code for price/location. This price was from the Okotoks location:

SEALANT, LIQUID RUBBER ZAVLAR 3.78L

Item #2035-580 Model #12602

20355801.jpg

$49.99 EA

Edited by ckmullin

Hey Kyle good to see you back, hope your gonna get yourself back into rays soon. I used two coats of Zavlar on mine but then used a trowel coat with it to place my tiles on after. I tried Zavlar to glue the acrylic window on but woould use silicone next time I think. Silicone won't stick to the zavlar as well as it will the epoxy paints. Zavlar can also be tricky to work with especially if you are building a big tank you are going to walk around in as it stays tacky forever or until water is applied or you expose it to UV light. The good thing about it is it is really flexible and self healing. I would like to try a smaller tank with epoxy to see which one I like more to work with.