Krazy Glue And Java Fern

flyfisher

Time for a re due with my Java Fern has anybody had any luck using glue I have tied it on before but find it very tedious and time consuming and never lasts more than a few months,I have even resorted to a staple gun but doesn't look very good.Does the driftwood have to be dry?How about rocks?

Thanks FLY

that is a great idea! use the gel super glue. you wouldnt even need to take the driftwood or rock out of tank. just put a dap of glue on root and then put into water and stick to what ever. it works for saltwater and soft corals so it will be fine for fresh water.

you may need to hold it for a few seconds

i just tie stuff with a single filament fishing line..... it never lets go

ya I've done that too it's funny I can sit for hours and tie fly's for fishing but tying plants to driftwood drives me crazy so I'll give the glue a try and report back.

Yes, I've used krazy glue before with java fern and mosses. I've never done it under water but I've glued stuff to wet rocks and driftwood. Works great but I've glued my fingers on more then one occasion so be careful pressing and holding it :boxed:

Oh don't worry I've glued my fingers together several times learned my lesson with this stuff the hard way I think I will be using tweezers gluing my fingers to a pcs. of driftwood would hard to explain.

I use tailored aquatics aquaglue(and have glued my fingers together on several occasions). In the past, have used mesh, fishing line, thread but am not a 'crafty" type and found it tends to be a BN trap instead. Though it may cost more and be harder to find than Krazy glue, I know aquaglue works, is fish safe and also supports a small canadian company!!

Yea i've heard of Krazy glue being toxic, not sure how it is when dry; some things though toxic are inert in certain forms.

I've never had long term krazy glue luck but then again most plants don't seem to like my tank, java fern included.

crazy/super glue works great for attaching java fern and anubias to wood and rocks. i've got those plants super glued to my mopani wood. yes, too much glue and you have white globs showing up on the wood once the glue cures.

the nice thing about java fern is that it is a pretty tough plant and can withstand being out of water long enough to get glued to something.

• 8 months later...

Update nine months and still going strong.So tried Crazy glue for attaching Java Fern to driftwood and some rocks works great there was some globs of cured glue in the beginning ( looks white ) but after a month was not visible, roots and leaves filled in nicely hiding all the globs.So throw out the string and rubber bands and keep a tube of Crazy glue gel in the fish room.