Grape Wood In Aquarium Use.

So, I have used a small piece in a 10G without issue but am thinking as I want to turn one of the 75G into a GEOS tank this might be more cost effective. The only issue I had with the smaller piece was took forever to waterlog and it had developed a brown fuzz that the MTS made short work of that appeared 3 days after it was immersed and again a few days after it was cleaned. Hasn't reappeared in the months since but the snails in the tank it will be in don't fair well when they appear thanks to the Cryptos. Any experiences using this wood? I like the look of it and so much cheaper than rosewood. The smaller piece has been in the tank 6 months and shows no sign of rotting, the cherry shrimp added to the tank adore it and still breed like crazy so hoping I can recreate a nice set up with some hardy plants attached that is similar to the link.

http://www.cichlids.com/uploads/tx_usercichlids/user_pics/5829/dsc_00_6f7187ed52.jpg

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

I have used rocks and elastic bands before to hold wood down in water on several occasions. Just wait a week or so and it should stay under by itself. The fuzz is normal and from what I have seen is ot only neat looking but harmless.

Have fun with the geo's!

Best thing I have found for getting wood water logged was an old Coleman cooler, thrown in the wood fill to the top with hot tap water and close the lid repeat every day for a week clean water logged wood.