Ace Auction Haul!

jvision

I got one bag of val. nanta (9 stems for $5) and 2 bolivian rams courtesy of jeremoose! Very happy with the small haul. I'm excited for the next auction, will certainly be staying the whole time in May!

Big thanks to everyone who put on the auction, the runners and the sellers! :)

PS Jeremoose and I could see SGG from the back, hand up consistently with the cories kinda gave ya away ;)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mr. fcg did betta than me and got some of the petricolas. All I got was some b.ocellatas(to replace some the cat ate) and eel grass. We came up on saturday and hit nature's corner where we both got some plants and he got some nice angels(which I attempted to steal...). Didn't see much at Big Al's except for the celebese halfbeaks which were still in quarantine(have them already but don't want them to learn the banjo). Sold my "blah, blah" and "crap"(try to find cheap labels at WEM on saturday night and that's what you end up with). There was some fish and plants I was interested in at Aquarium Central but was getting tired and shopped out by that time. We had a great time other than some members of ACE harassing poor little ;);) innocent me...

Everyone should really wear name-tags with their Alberta Aquatica names on them so I don't feel so alone at the auction!

I think that is a great idea!

I picked up some electric Blue Rams. They are doing great in their new home. I bought WAAAAY too much stuff, but I am thrilled with what we brought home.

So thrilled with my pair of Blue galaris killfish. Paid lots for them, but the breeder deserved every penny (oh, nickle...pennies are gone now) and one can't find them anywhere!

If the Breeder could contact me and offer me some tips on spawning I would sure be appreciative. :smokey:

Well, I'm frustrated with myself for buying a bag of galaxy rasboras that claimed to contain 6 fish but only had 5... That's auctions for you though, you gotta check carefully. Wouldn't mind buying a few more if the seller is local (#240)

I also bought a mat of glosso/hc that has a ton of snails in it too, which kinda sucks.

Picked up some microworms and daphnia cultures for a fair price, got some other plants that look great and a super cute self cloning crayfish.

I spent under budget and got most of what I was looking for so I'd say it was a good auction.

I don't want to sound stupid, but can someone pm me and fill me in on the CRAP and Blah Blah joke.

According to FCG she went around WEM on Sat. night looking for labels for her bags and could only find ones with headers that said either CRAP or BLAHBLAH. So as auctioneers we are duty bound to read the labels and it became a running joke at the auction that put FCG in the spotlight. :lol:

Where is that?!?!!?????? (Ace auction haul??) never heard of it!

Hey Claudiohv

ACE auction haul isn't referring to a store. ACE is the Aquarium Club of Edmonton. They recently had an auction. people are posting what they made off with (their haul) from the auction. Hope that clarifies things a little for you. ;)