Question about african/victorian

mulakka

From the angle of that photo it appears that the entire bottom of the tank is covered in rocks. Why not re-arrange the rock setup by keeping a "pile" on the right side of the tank and another on the left, leaving a wide open swimming space in the middle. I think that may help your fish aggression situation with the nyereri, which BTW is a beautiful fish.

J

PS: From what little I can see in the photo that is one MEGA stand and canopy you have there. Was that made by Majestic Aquariums?

Edited by JHG

I am sorry that you cannont get the picture up and running, I am new to this site and maybe I am not doing the right thing,,, but my rock work is alot higher than the one in the pic that you have posted with many caves to hide in.

that crimson is just controling all of the caves at the moment :grr:

Leaving open floor space between rock piles can help curb aggression with some cichlids. One large pile is essentially seen as one territory, whereas a couple smaller piles (I currently have 3 in a 4' 77 bowfront) can provide separate territories for separate males to defend. It's worked very well for me and has allowed two, even three male Ps. polit to show full colour almost all the time (and this is a fish that supposedly needs huge tanks to curb their crazy aggressiveness and allow more than one male to display at a time).