Green Terror

thefishdude

No one out there with GT's??

I seen some at Pisces a while back that were pretty nice but I didn't have the means to get 'em home. Haven't seen any beauty's since. Any info would be appreciated. looking for 4"-6"ers

Here is a pic of a beast that I found at http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_terror.php

Edited by thefishdude

Very hard to find good stock. Aequidens are one of the most cross bred species out there. Being also incredibly easy to breed this makes things worse. They all look very similar and they all breed like rabbits. There are 6-8 species that are sold as green terrors.

Riverfront occaisionally gets wild saums however they are not in my opinion good stock either as they are usually beat up, or off color (probably suggesting that they cross breed in the wild as well). Best ones in my opinion are captive bred.

The one shown in the pic is either a breeder male, or they have something like a mirror to stimulate the nuchal hump. I have never seen one with a hump that stays like that. and have had many over the years. You can find them like that, but once placed by themselves the hump will lessen, or go completely away. If you want one that looks like the one in the picture I would suggest you get a breeding pair.

Edited by rudy

• 4 weeks later...