Nature's Corner aka DAD's

jvision

I just stopped by Nature's Corner - their new location is on the corner of 51ave and 91st, right beside the Fishin' Hole.

It is WAY bigger than the last place! They've only been in a couple of days, and it shows, but it's going to be a quality place, that's for sure!

Brian's been busy with his new SW section. I think he easily has 10-12 tanks with livestock - fish and corals - right now, and is looking to add more. Henry was saying they'll have more tanks than any other LFS in the city when all is said and done.

Gillian's looking forward to getting in some more of the old FW stuff they used to carry. More of the rarer SA fish.... I don't know if they'll be bringing in much in the way of Africans, tho. :s That's OK, I'm looking forward to getting back in to Apistos!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you telling me they will have more tanks than Big Als?

I'll believe that when I see it.

They'll have more SW tanks than Big Als - that's what I'm saying... that's what I was told. I don't know what the total gallonage will be, tho. With BA's big shark tank, it'll be hard to have more gallons of SW than them!

Are you telling me they will have more tanks than Big Als?

I'll believe that when I see it.

They'll have more SW tanks than Big Als - that's what I'm saying... that's what I was told. I don't know what the total gallonage will be, tho. With BA's big shark tank, it'll be hard to have more gallons of SW than them!

YESSSSS !!!!! :thumbs:

Mote SW than Aquarium Illusions or Big Al's? That must be some monstrous shop....I will have to drop in when I am up there this Thursday.

That's what they're sayin! Tanks are pretty lightly stocked right now - being all brand new, that's probably a good idea :). But, I think they'll have over 20 SW tanks. I think they're all 25gals, so they might not support as much water as BAs or AI; but, if they have that many different tanks, they should be able to house quite the assortment of livestock!

They are not open late like other shops... I was in there at five after four on Sunday (ducked out of the auction, early) and they were technically 'closed' at 4pm... but they let us in and didn't say a word to us about leaving, they were all hustling back and forth getting things ready but no fewer than three people stopped and took the time to talk to us about some of the SW stuff they had in there.

It's service like that that makes me absolutely love a store, and it's the number one reason I will be going there first (even though it's a 30 minute drive each way) from now on when I need something they stock.

I would estimate their tanks at 150 or so (completely off of memory and I was not counting when I was there), hard to tell for now how many will be salt/fresh as many are just empty or sitting with water and no filters.

I'd say give them a month, and it's going to be up to full steam with stock and then we'll be able to tell exactly what is happening. I would hazard a guess that if intentions turn to realities, they are going to make a BIG impact on our local scene!

I would estimate their tanks at 150 or so (completely off of memory and I was not counting when I was there), hard to tell for now how many will be salt/fresh as many are just empty or sitting with water and no filters.

150 what? Do you mean 150 tanks, whichs seems high, or 150 gallons of water to sell sw in, which seems low?

My guess was for 150 tanks in total... From memory I'd say about 10 tanks to a 'rack' and about 15 racks. Looked to be the back couple racks are already running salt... time will tell how far up front it goes.

My guess was for 150 tanks in total... From memory I'd say about 10 tanks to a 'rack' and about 15 racks. Looked to be the back couple racks are already running salt... time will tell how far up front it goes.

150 tanks, sheesh, got to check it out this weekend.

Edited by Reza

I was there yesterday. After seeing the quality of the ol store and the size of the new store; i think we are going to have a nice quality LFS. But I would not say that there will be the quantity of SW or FW that BA has. Quality comes first in my books. Glad to see the new shop.

Larry