Nature's Corner aka DAD's

jvision

But, I think they'll have over 20 SW tanks.

It would need to be a fair few over 20....like 45-50+ to be more than the other two shops.

Was in Thursday and had a quick chat with everyone....going to be about 42-45 SW and around 90 FW....giving them just about the most SW tanks (although not the highest gallonage) in Alberta, and well up there (5th or 6th) for most FW tanks. Looks like it will be a brilliant shop when fully finished.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest difference between Dad's and Gold's... you can fit more then three people in Dad's and they can still remain strangers. Put more than three people in Gold's and one mis-step and one of them is going home pregnant. -roll-

So I was pretty close on my 150 tank estimate... cool. Thanks for verifing, Christian.

Howdy All,

The new store location of Natures Corner / Little Oceans (aka Dads Fish Store) its looking really good. With more then double their previous space they now have a very decent sized marine section. Henry has been in the fish racket longer then most pet shops if not all pet shops in edmonton. Brian has continued to add to his salt section which he already had an est 15-20 tanks from the previous location dedicated to Saltwater fish and Corals. Their service is 1st class and they are always willing to pull out the ole research material to help you get the information you need on a particular coral/fish. They have been my #1 source since I set up my reef tank and I will continue to make them my first stop when I need a fix for my salt addiction, As long as Brian dont start charging me rent. With places like Nature's Corner & Little Ocean's, Edmonton may still hold its head up in hopes that others will follow thier example and keep the market health and happy.

Mike

I agree the new store looks very nice so far. Lots of space and they plan to set up a pond (eventually) in the big open space in the front. It will look very nice once they're all set up. So many tanks, I can't wait till they have them all stocked :D

Sammy (Mike), Was that you I met at their store today?

-Nelson

Great call Tanker. I was there last Sunday with my daughter and 18month granddaughter. Nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:

• 3 weeks later...
I can't wait to go check it out. Its too bad their hours are only untill 6pm, makes it hard to get down there in time. Sounds like its going to be an awesome store.

New Hours - they're open 'til 8 on Thurs & Fri.

I can't wait to go check it out. Its too bad their hours are only untill 6pm, makes it hard to get down there in time. Sounds like its going to be an awesome store.

New Hours - they're open 'til 8 on Thurs & Fri.

Yeah, spoke to Henry a couple of weeks back, he reads this forum a lot and decided to extend opening hours in lights of members concerned with being able to get to the store in time after work. Nice chap, very customer focussed.

Whilst I was talking to him he asked a staff member if the other customer in the store had been helped, always looking out for the end customers. Two thumbs up.

I finally went to check the new store out last week(after they changed the store hours :D ) and was pleasantly surprised. The fish looked great and the setup was much improved :thumbs: I ended up getting some zebra snails and a couple other small things.

I can't wait untill the store is fully finished.

ps: They had some of the biggest female guppies I had ever seen. They were beautfiul. I had to restrain myself for getting some.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pleased to announce that within the next few days Henry & Gillian will be stocking their shelves with New Life Spectrum. B)

If there are any formulas, or sizes that you feel they should add to their stock, please feel free to pass that on to Henry. I believe that over time they will be able to handle the vast majority of Edmontonians needs for the NLS line up of food.