Yay Fishroom!!

jvision

Well, I started the Fishroom on Easter long weekend, figuring with the help of a couple knowlegeble relatives we'd have 'er done in 3-4 days..... Well, 11 weeks later, and I'm finally ready to move the fish downstairs!!

Tomorrow, I'll be picking up a few more tanks, and I'll take some pics of the new setups!! Oh, man, am I excited!!!

I'll probably have a fishroom-warming party in mid July (heading on vacation for a week, 1st!).

I'll be running 2 of the AquaGiant systems (3 tanks each) in there - one for hard water African's, and the other for soft water SA fish (mainly Apistos & Corys). I also have a bank of 12 x 15 gal tanks - grow out, and possibly breeding tanks for smaller fish.

It will have a sink in there as well - haven't plumbed it, yet. Probably when I get back from my vacation.

The tank I have all my juvie plecos in will be converted into SW - a nano reef.... but, that's a bit down the road. Gotta pay off the fishroom 1st!

That reminds me - any more takers for BN Plecos or Cherry Shrimp? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah what I wouldn't give for a fishroom - I'm excited about building a fish wall...lol. I've considered marrying for a big fish room, but then I'd have to share tank space :unsure: . But anyways, congrat's!

P.S. - If I could talk you into shipping a bunch of those Pleco's, we'd have things to discuss B) .

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't take any pics in the process.... sorry. But, I'll be putting pics up when I have all the tanks set up. I'm still actually waiting on my friend to plug it all in to the box... for now, I'm running extension cords.

YESSSS!!! Electrical is now officially done! Just have to move a few tanks in this weekend and plug everything in - I'm so excited!

Fishroom-warming party mid-Aug sound good? :beer:

Setback.... :cry:

So, after 2 days of being set up one of my AG tanks sprung a leak - not one of them that I hadn't used, yet... NOOOOO! One of the tanks that I was using. Grrr :grr:

So, now my plan is to move EVERYTHING from the one system to the 15s and the other AG sys. Take each tank apart and reseal them - what I should have done from the beginning. Then, I'll do the same with the other system. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! :angry: