Do you Keep your tanks full of water?

I personally prefer to have the sound of running water from my AC filters. Before I got married i had a community 33 Gallon tank and now since i'm married we are under the "NO TANKS IN THE BEDROOM" Policy.

I love the sound of the running water and miss having it in the night!

where are all of you on this one?

nev

On my planted tanks, there's no spray; but, on all of the others, I make sure there's quite a bit of surface agitation.

I'm in the same boat as you, Nev. My wife doesn't like the sound of running water. But, now that I have my fishroom, I can sit in there for hours listening to the gurgling of the tanks - I love it!

I don't like the trickle noise. Most of my tanks are in my bedroom and i have the AC filters rigged up to flow across the surface but not trickle. I can't sleep if the filter is making noise. Its not that i dont' like the water noise, its that now i'm paranoid because one time my filter was making that noise and i didn't notice it was from the AC over flowing and dripping on the floor. So now i keep the filters quiet and if its dripping i know there is a problem.

I loooooooove the sound. I have 5 tanks in my living room, all with hang on backs, 1 with a cannister. The cannister filter has the spray bar pointing slightly up so the jets shoot out of the water and back in.

I also have 2 tanks in my recording studio, I like having the water sound in the backround sometimes. Otherwise it's as simple as putting up a foam wall if I don't want it.

Only 1 tank in the bedroom, and the sound can't be heard due to my air conditioner.

Thankfully, my wife doesn't notice it, or it doesn't bother her, either way, I'm happy!

-Hideo

I have an overflow system.

I do keep mine a little off the top so that the overflow works properly. When I had AC's I kept them pretty high but so that I could still hear the water running.

Something really peaceful about turning all the lights off, TV turned off and closing the drapes and watching the tank and listenin to the water movement......... :heart:

I have to keep all of mine low so the snails can lay. Sometimes I get tired of it and turn them all down for the evening. Anything below 3 inches in the tanks with the larger HOB's is a bit much. I grew up in the country so I like the sound, but it needs crickets ;-).