*PICS*Peacock Gudgeon

fatpuffer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have 2 choices. Keep peeking every time they spawn. They may get used to it. Or, hold off on the temptation (at least 'til you get 1 succesful spawn), and keep yourself in the dark. ;)

I will just let them go at it and let nature take its course. It was pretty neat to see the whole courting. I really do not have the time to put them in a separate tank...but this tank very VERY densely covered with java moss. I am pretty sure 1 out of 150 will survive...If I am lucky.

Js

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: They spawned again last night. It took them a while because they started two nights ago. They spawned on a fairly large size slate so taking it out and artificially hatching is not an option. I can however plan and siphon out as much as I can after hatching or let them just take their course in the "moss jungle."

Js

If you want to raise 'em, go the same way as you did w. the Apistos - take some, leave some.

Yup...decided to scrape some of the eggs and siphon them out. They are now in a mason jar with tubing until they hatch. I put some of the anti fungus thing in the water.

Out of curiosity, how much hydrogen peroxide do people use to put in the water to prevent fungus. I think Xerxes pm me once but I deleted it.

Js