*PICS*Peacock Gudgeon

fatpuffer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BAD NEWS! Since I was having a callamanus outbreak in the main tank, I neglected the li'l ones. They all died. I feel really bad but school was starting, I was leaving for the weekend, and the callamanus outbreak, I was just stressed and exhausted (mentally).

I will try again and will update this thread.

Thanks all!

Js

• 1 month later...

GREAT NEWS:

About 15 fry survived from the first batch. This morning, I checked the second batch and the male was outside the tube and eggs were GONE! I removed the java moss in the breeders box and found most of the fry...I think there were at least 50-75 fry that I took out and some of them probably went through the slots at the bottom of the breeder box and got eaten. THe male is back with the colony.

Another good news...another male is guarding a clutch...these guys breed like rabbits. Now the trick is feeding the fry. I have been succesfully feeding them powdered NLS pellets, zoophytoplankton (normally used for reef...i thought i'd give it a shot), decapsulated brine shrimp eggs (i am not patient enough to hatch them).

GREAT NEWS:

About 15 fry survived from the first batch. This morning, I checked the second batch and the male was outside the tube and eggs were GONE! I removed the java moss in the breeders box and found most of the fry...I think there were at least 50-75 fry that I took out and some of them probably went through the slots at the bottom of the breeder box and got eaten. THe male is back with the colony.

Another good news...another male is guarding a clutch...these guys breed like rabbits. Now the trick is feeding the fry. I have been succesfully feeding them powdered NLS pellets, zoophytoplankton (normally used for reef...i thought i'd give it a shot), decapsulated brine shrimp eggs (i am not patient enough to hatch them).

Those are the nicest pix out of hundreds that I have taken...lol. So far the fry seems to be thriving. They are darting around the tank and finding some foods that I drop in the tank.

I cannot tell the difference btwn. the "older" fry (one week older) and the new ones...they are all so tiny.

Hopefully at least 1 percent survives.

Js

• 2 weeks later...