Should I be upset with my Wife...

nevchewy

My wife called me today and left me a message as i was on the other line. Here is an example of what she said:

"I Nevin, Hows work going? I have some bad news for you as one of you fish had died and i was wondering if i have to scoop it out or not. I think its one of your big saulosi's females. Any way please call me back when you can and let me know if i have to scoop it out or not."

Now for any of you that don't know, Saulosi are my favorite fish and i have a lot of time and patience in this group that i currently have (I spent about a year searching to find them).

When my wife called saying its my Big saulosi it could only be one of 2 fish. My F1 Male or my F1 Female.

In the message that she left for me she said female and i'm ruling out my F1 male, but still very concerned with the fact that i may have lost my best breeding female.

I was thinking to my self that i may have to leave work asap, rush home and pray that the female just needs to be revived in a hospital tank.

:cry:

So i call her back...

It was not my saulosi that passed on it was a female Afra which is being kept in a different tank than the saulosi's...

It has been documented on this site that my wife will never be a fish girl. I have given up in trying to convert her and its just something that i will have to live with.

The news she gave me today was the equivalent of telling me that my dog just died (i have never been able to get a dog with my brothers allergies growing up, so fish have always been very close to me).

now here is my predicament...

Should i be mad?

or

Be happy that she was actually in my fish room looking at my fish to notice that one fish has passed.

is there hope for my wife and fish?

I swear this website is like free therapy!

... And, no Sean i will not be divorcing her for a fish girl... Yes you are lucky... No i am not.

nev

If she was in your fishroom, and not normally found there (like those of us that can't be pried away from the fish) then I would take it as great that she was even in there! And maybe, secretly, she enjoys the fishies and just simply doesn't want you to know that she actually likes them for fear of your ummm...addiction growing to gigantic preportions!

And believe me, Its not always easy having a partner that loves fish as much as you...it can get to the point where you are living in a 1 bedroom basement suite, very little furniture and NO electrical outlets left for things like, oh, a microwave, dishwasher...etc. LMAO...oh the things we do for fish! But always have room buckets of gravel, aquarium extras, ornaments, and so on.... -roll-

Tammy

I wouldn't be mad, she was just trying to help. She saw one of your fish was dead(or dying) and knew it was important not to leave it floating in the tank. Also she knew that she should call you first before doing anything.

You might want to go over the differences between your saulosi and an afra, so she doens't give you another heart attack.

You can't force her to be a fish girl, but its a good sign she is looking in on your tanks while you aren't there. Shows she isn't completely anti-fish

My wife isn't into fish much either. But, every once in a while, she'll surprise me by saying, "I did a WC on that Living Room tank." :o

She's seen me do fish things so many times, that I'm sure she could handle easy stuff like WCs and scooping out dead fish. Getting her to figure out what the fish are called, is a bit different.

Consider yourself blessed, my friend. At least she's willing to be a bit helpful! :thumbs:

Hey calling You was the best thing to do, what if it would have been your venustus laying on the bottom stalking prey and she just guessed it was dead so she scooped it? It's not so bad. I get My girl interested by letting her pick a fish or two, the fact that Your wife noticed the dead fish is a sign that she pays attention, the fact that she is not a fish geek allows Your house to have room for other crazy stuff like a fridge that isn't used for a chiller and fish foods and a couch to watch Your fish from. If she was too involved in Your hobby You would likely be converting a 150 gallon cichlid tank into mini betta bowls or even worse. Let her have her own hobby, maybe she could knit sweaters for your fish incase of a power outage or build them little gingerbread houses that you could seal and paint, hey, sky is the limit when You combine interests.

I would be happy that she has gone into the fish room without you there.

That means that she does look at them but doesn't want the old "I told you that you would like them" bit.

Thank her for telling you and let her know that if one is dead to always scoop it oput for you and maybe even put it in the freezer or something so you can check it when you get home

Not a fish girl huh? Then I would be mighty suspicious of what she was doing in the room and what really happened to the fish. Just kidding. I am always thankful when my wife or one of my kids calls me because they think there might be a problem. I would thank her for calling.

:bow: :bow: :bow: Get down on your knees boy and praise her for her considerations. If you ever hope that she may in the future care enough to even let you know there may be a problem. If you do anything to blow this oppertunity to encourage her a little into your interests... If she feels spited over this she may not even notice next time that one of the little treasures is swimming sideways and call you. On the other hand if you express your pleasure and reward her for putting your feelings first and being willing to scoop the dead thing for you to keep the others safe, she may want to be more involved. She was only thinking of you , she coulda walked away.... :bow: :bow: :bow:

I now have proof that my wife does LOVE ME Very much!

My Birthday is on Sunday and for the first time ever she is buying me fish!!!!!!!!

She is buying a group of polit juvies off of Gina for me!!!

My wife read this post and though that Qattarra was the only person that knows what they are saying.

And Sean... My wife said i cannot play with you anymore as she feels you are a bad influence!

nev