Nice F*cking day

rudy

So sorry to hear that!!!!!!!

Really sucks!

Did they both die at the same time?

Death curl or did they just die?

Really sorry to hear that! :cry:

Real sorry to hear.. although i have never had Rays,.. i can and do feel for ya as i lost a good breeding pair of Black Convits and 40 fry.. so i know the bitterness of comming home to find you loved pets dead..

(gives you a hearty handshake and hopes there are more RAYS of sunshine in your future)!

:cry:

$ouch$- sorry to hear that tim. Parasite perhaps? anything introduced to the tank lately? New food? how are the water parameters? Do i remember correctly that you were looking to sell that leo lately or did you just buy him?

Day two and not even close to over it. I still can't figure it out. The only theory I have recieved which makes sense is the fact that prior to run off Calgary will pump additives into the water and I have been half assed at best using Prime. I did a 50% water change the day prior. Could have caused and ammonia spike. I am so incredibly unhappy about this. These rays were awesome...

Edited by rudy

during the early spring months the city of edmonton and calgary up the dose of chemicals in their tap water to help with the spring run off. Ammonia can be rather high even with prime I have heard of people have issues doing small water changes during these months.

Something for others to be watchfull of.

sry to hear about your rays dood.

Sammy

I lost my mbweca fry last year around this time after a 10% water change...or just adding to cover evap loss, can't remember which.

Didn't hurt anything in the tank whatsoever, but killed all the fry in the breeding net. Only thing I could figure was water line maintenance stirred up some kind of heavy metal enough ti kill off the little ones only about a week old.

RDFISHGUY has also had these issues.....in fact, just re-stocked his tank again this past weekend.