fish food?

My friend was in Edmonton last week, and I asked him to snag me some NLS, as I'm running out.

He brought back some Top Fin large cichlid pellets. The PetSmart employee said "I'm not supposed to tll you this, but this is what we feed our fish to get great color, its better than NLS!"

It sounded fishy to me. NLS is almost 20 bucks for a little container, but this bag was 8.99.

Anyone ever try this stuff before? I googled it, but all I came up with was petsmart sites promoting it.

When I grew up in Fort Mac back in the late 80's there was Elsie's pet shop down by AMP that then moved over by Canadian Tire on the Clearwater and one up in Gregoire in a little strip mall. Both fantastic pet shops. I guess both are gone now, because both were the sorts of shops that would carry NLS. Are there any pet shops up there now?

Unfortunatly some store employee, regardless of what they sell, will tell you a product is better just to stop you from leaving the store empty handed. Feed the stuff to your friend :lol: and send him back for some NLS.

My fish won't even come close to eating that s##t. Anybody want some to sand thier driveway. Sorry, It already took a ride in the pearly white vortex. On it's way to the lovely north sask. river.

When I grew up in Fort Mac back in the late 80's there was Elsie's pet shop down by AMP that then moved over by Canadian Tire on the Clearwater and one up in Gregoire in a little strip mall. Both fantastic pet shops. I guess both are gone now, because both were the sorts of shops that would carry NLS. Are there any pet shops up there now?

Elza's Tropicals shut down about 10 years ago or so, and the fish store/tackle shop shut down almost 6 years ago.

A few opened and almost immediately closed since then. Now all we have is North Star Pet Centre, they've been here 12 years or so, but the only fish food they carry is Omega, and a little nutrafin.

Elza's Tropicals shut down about 10 years ago or so, and the fish store/tackle shop shut down almost 6 years ago.

A few opened and almost immediately closed since then. Now all we have is North Star Pet Centre, they've been here 12 years or so, but the only fish food they carry is Omega, and a little nutrafin.

That's too bad. I think with 70,000 people the city could support a good fish shop. About the time someone ventures to do it one of the large chains will step in. -01-

That's too bad. I think with 70,000 people the city could support a good fish shop. About the time someone ventures to do it one of the large chains will step in. -01-

I think that the lack of a store there has more to do with the very high cost of living and business up there. I have never been up there but I here all the time that stores are closed during the day and opened at night when students can work.

Brad

Fort McMurray also has a high transient population, construction workers. This would affect the retail industry as a lot of people are only there for a short term.

I think that the lack of a store there has more to do with the very high cost of living and business up there. I have never been up there but I here all the time that stores are closed during the day and opened at night when students can work.

Brad

I don't know of places closed during the day, and open at night, but the staff that lucky businesses are able to keep are really young, really rude, and really burned out. It's all they can find.