Malawi Haps

RD.

Just some recent random shots from my hap tank.

O. lithobates

fish235.JPG

C. azureus

fish357a.JPG

S. fryeri

fish379.JPG

C. moorii

fish416.JPG

N. venustus - just starting to transform

fish417.JPG

sub dom male L. caeruleus

fish358.JPG

P. Phenochilus Tanzania

fish398.JPG

Taiwan Reef

fish418.JPG

Protomelas taeniolatus

fish415.JPG

Very nice fish I like the protomelas the best.

:heart: Love the Red Empress R.D. Don't think the pic is truely doing him justice though....

Now you have to get a Spilonatus "Liuli" - from the same backyard breeder who bred the Red Empress - to finish up your tank. :)

That's true Rita, your Red Emp male really is red, but I loved the iridescence that showed in that pic, and my camera isn't exactly the best in the world in picking up the true colors of these fish. The flash also tends to wash out a lot of certain colors. There are times when that Red Emp is pretty much solid red, and the color in his head is an amazing blue/green combo that you don't often see in some of the various tank strains. I have a small juvie male Spilonatus in this tank, but if you have one that's already colored up, please keep me in mind. Your backyard has very fertile soil! :bow:

That's right Nev, with the exception of a single female yellow lab (not sure how that happened?) this tank is solid males.

The pictures don't do these fish justice. Having seen them in person, most of his specimens are second to none. I have some nice fish but I'm envious of his . Truely stunning.

Edited by RDFISHGUY

Neil, your picture taking skills have certainly improved a lot over the past couple of years - wish I could take shots like these. :)

Edited by dunl