New fish fan!

BlackMumba

I am currently breeding Guppies, with extreme sucess, I just hope I can find them all homes!!! I might have to Cull alot of them. Anyways, I am now leaning towards breeding bettas. Problem is I am having a really hard time to find suitable females to breed my two males. I don't want to spend a lot of money on them YET hahaha because I am fairly new to this I am certain I will make mistakes on the road to sucess.

My future hope is to obtain strong strains and breed them, but for now baby steps. I have been reading alot about methods and I have 5 - 10 gal tanks set up. With more room to grow. I do have currently one female betta... but I read that I should have two pairs at least just in case they are too old to spawn or they aren't interested in each other.

I am hoping I can finds someone who knows someone who might have some suitable female betta's that they would like to find a good home.

I really like half moons -

My males are crowntails ...

Anything, would be sweet !

I don't normally post on these... so excuse me if I rambled on too much! :blush:

Welcome to AA, I'm sure there Are a few Beta people here who can steer you in the right direction.

:welcome: to AA. Check out one of our sponsors, DeeMark Bettas. She can bring in some very nice females from Thailand, with exactly the traits you want. Just PM or email her to ask for what you want, I'm sure she'll do everything she can for you.

BTW it's worthwhile as the fish she'll be able to request for you will be young and in breeding condition. :D Sue

:welcome: to AA. Check out one of our sponsors, DeeMark Bettas. She can bring in some very nice females from Thailand, with exactly the traits you want. Just PM or email her to ask for what you want, I'm sure she'll do everything she can for you.

BTW it's worthwhile as the fish she'll be able to request for you will be young and in breeding condition. :D Sue

Thanks Sue, and everyone wow thanks for the wonderful welcome. I am from Millet a little wee town outside of Leduc 45 mins south of Edmonton.

:D

I am from Millet a little wee town outside of Leduc 45 mins south of Edmonton.

Ah yes, the booming megopolis of Millet. ;) I have drove through a few times, although usually just up from Westaskawin on the 2A and the back to the 2 on 616.

Thanks Sue, and everyone wow thanks for the wonderful welcome. I am from Millet a little wee town outside of Leduc 45 mins south of Edmonton.

Small town south of Edmonton pride! Your neighbours in Leduc (mainly myself) welcome you! Good luck with the Betta breeding.

Greg

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: What kinds of guppies are you breeding? I ask because right now I have mulities, cobras, blues and yellows. All are in one tank at the moment due to creating a cory tank, so they are interbreeding. Should come out with some interesting babies. Good luck with your betta experiment. At one time I had two males and a female but didn't breed them.

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: What kinds of guppies are you breeding? I ask because right now I have mulities, cobras, blues and yellows. All are in one tank at the moment due to creating a cory tank, so they are interbreeding. Should come out with some interesting babies. Good luck with your betta experiment. At one time I had two males and a female but didn't breed them.

Well, I have a mixture myself, One male Cobra, One male tux black and rust (not red) with black dots can be interesting, I have two Blue females, One yellow female, a gold female, and one female who is all sorts of colors.

Just an update, I did purchase two long fin *betta* girls at BigAl's... so tempted to purchase that giant betta ... but I think, If i did I would be over my head with fish.... (this is new so it's really exciting for me!!) like a kid that discovered a candy store and only got one nickle... hahaha much luck with that can't even buy a mojo with that anymore... :shock:

So, here goes nufin... I'll keep you all updated in the breeding forum, on a beginner's progress !!! Maybe we can trade Guppy girl from our batches of guppy fry to see what strain we can create mwahahaha!! (evil scientist rubbing hands together) ...