hi

dirtydog

(standing up in front of his peers) Hi my name is Dean and I'am a freshwater fishaholic (the peers stand up and reply, Hi Dean. then seat themselves)

It all started about 2 1/2 years ago when my wife brought home a tiny Beta tank frome the neighbours which didn't want it anymore, I rolled my eyes and laughed at her.

About a week later she brought home a Beta to put in the tank. Ok kind of cool.

A couple of weeks after that I decided to toss 3 white clouds in there too. Oops over stocked.

I guess I better get a 20 gal so I bought one stocked it.

I was walking by a dumpster and low and behold there was another complete 20 gal just sitting there so I brought it home.

Christmas 2005 came I decided to get a 29 gal.

By now all the neighbours know about my newly formed addiction and one of them gave me another 20gal.

Soon after my sister gave me a 15 gal.

And just recently I have aquired a 10 gal.

All complete systems, had to get a new heater hear some filters there ect.

There is a 130 gal that has caught my eye but my wife says I have to get rid of all of them first if I want the big one.

I just cant give them away help what should I do???

(Dean sits down bows his head in shame with his hands folded awaiting a responce from the support group)

Edited by dirtydog

LOL To funny. Come on you won't miss her that much..lol

Just do like I did when I got my 120 gal. By the time she got home from work I had it set up and full of water . Just called her down stairs and all she said was oh my God. She got over it. So about six months later I asked her to come down and give me a hand. Opened the basement door and there was the 180 gal sitting on my truck. She got over it. She even helped me unload it..lol

Now I,m going for the 240 gal, with her blessing. I think I have her trained now. She even has her own ten gal betta tank upstairs now, so I think I,m good to go.

Frank

basically i do the same thing.

except i live with my grandparents.

50 to a 75 gallon, then to 2 75 gallons, then add a 33 and a 50, then snuck in the 230 when they were at work lol.

then added a 120 shortly after.

then just recently, shut down the 120 to buy a 130 hehe.

as time goes on theyll forgive you.

Quinn

Welcome to the hobby, you should see how many tanks a 46 gallon bowfront can spawn.

Welcome,

My 72 G just had a brand new 10 G the other day. I have high hopes that one day not too far away it will grow bigger than his papa.

:welcome:

But you NEED that bigger tank ! Don't ever be cruel to those poor overstocked breeding fish! Those new parents NEED a bigger home for themselves and their growing families! Babies are such fun -ham- . ....Then these babies can't stay in there with the adults ...they'll get eaten! They NEED to grow up in a smaller tank...separately so they aren't overcrowded...then they can be sold to support your habit LOL

Hi Dirtydog, welcome aboard!

I am noticing a trend here... it all starts with bettas!! (snickers)

Of course I know why people get addicted its all because of the betta (bias statment) LOL they are truely smart, they know how to charm you, with their adorable little eyes looking at you fanning themselves at you as you walk by.....

You dip your finger in their little home nipping your fingers... allowing you to pet them... jumping up to get a morsal of food like they are dolphins diving for attention...

Then you can't have just one color you have to have the rainbow of colors, fanning themselves against that clear glass window... showing themselves off... waving back and forth... its cutier then brittany spears in her skimpy clothing and shaved head!

Oh, dang there I went again going on and on about my addiction to betta's... sigh I can't help it, I am trying truely ...

Get the wife more betta's she will melt and you'll get your tank ! LOL

:welcome:

Start making space in the basement for that fishroom!!!

It saves a lot of $ b/c you don't need a heater for each tank. ;)

Hi Dirtydog, welcome aboard!

I am noticing a trend here... it all starts with bettas!! (snickers)

Of course I know why people get addicted its all because of the betta (bias statment) LOL they are truely smart, they know how to charm you, with their adorable little eyes looking at you fanning themselves at you as you walk by.....

You dip your finger in their little home nipping your fingers... allowing you to pet them... jumping up to get a morsal of food like they are dolphins diving for attention...

Then you can't have just one color you have to have the rainbow of colors, fanning themselves against that clear glass window... showing themselves off... waving back and forth... its cutier then brittany spears in her skimpy clothing and shaved head!

Oh, dang there I went again going on and on about my addiction to betta's... sigh I can't help it, I am trying truely ...

Get the wife more betta's she will melt and you'll get your tank ! LOL

We never get tried of people going on and on about their fish.

But when you bring up Brittany Spears , plrase add more , maybe a few pictures and than a few pictures and than maybe add some pictures. lol.. J/K Just couldn,t leave that alone....lol

Welcome to Fishaholics central :thumbs:

My husband (frogfan23) and I used to have a number of aquariums and terrariums about 15 years ago but we got out of the hobby and then... it all started again when a coworker brought a betta and tank to work and then...... we started going back to petstores and then... we reset up an old tank we had for a couple of African Clawed Frogs and then.... I saw ropefish and researched them and then... to make a long story short we now have:

23G tropical community

50G African clawed frog (ACF)

5.5G Red Cherry Shrimp

75G tropical community (with ropefish!!!)

10G Macro shrimp

29G Shubunkin (summer ACF home)

15G Axolotl

40G river (stream) biotope (hillstream loaches)

150G indoor Koi pond (a refitted very old freezer)

:welcome: to a group of people who really love their fish!