The Ace Auction Today

Pop Eye

great auction! definitly a buyers market with those prices. i feel especially bad for the guy that sold me the 5x10 gal breeder setup. thier has to be over a grand worth of stuff there, for 60 bucks! unbelievable!! wish i could of met a few more of yas though. the ones i did meet were verry cool people and it was great to talk to you. 3 more members are comming over to pick up thier stand frames this week(no charge)and i cant wait to talk to them to. thanks to all the auction volunteers for making this event possible, without you, thier would be no auction. :beer:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the auction was extremely well run. It moved along very quickly and there was a good selection of fish, plants & equipment. I came home with 3 pairs of killies, a "gold brick" kribensis pair and some juvenile koi angels. Michael also treated me with 4 "black cories". Thank you to everyone who worked hard all day. Hope to see some of you at Calgary's auction in a couple of weeks.

I didn't buy a thing! Just like I said I would! I didn't buy 3 albino blushing angels, and I didn't buy an AC500, and I didn't buy some small HOB filter... I think that's all I didn't buy. :blush:

I did score some daphnia, too - thanks Gina! I'm gonna try to grow some GW in a 1gal jar - added some terrestrial ferts and put it in a South window. Also scored a few 10gal tanks from Darkangel and spcy - good trade guys! I'll have those plants for you whenever you're in town again! :)

Edited by jvision

Gina and Jason, all you need is some baker's yeast dissolved in water. Feed just enough to cloud the water and don't feed until the water is clear again. If you need green water call me.

Yeah, that's what I did in the mean time - yeast.

Having trouble with your planted tanks, Paul? Always have Green Water, eh? :P

If I don't have any in a week or so, I'll give you a call.

Does any body know who sold the rainbow cichlids?

Does any body know who sold the rainbow cichlids?

Do you know the member number that was on the bag?

No it accidently got tossed. I think their were only the 2 lots for sale though.

im sad i didn't get to go... not that i have any room for tanks or fish.

question to those that did go:

does anyone know when the next one will be?

sounded like a lot of fun.

thanks,

adam

Next one is scheduled during the last day of the 2008 ACE/CAOAC Show and Convention at the Sands Hotel on Fort Road May 17-19.

Hope to see you all there.

Stacey