Pang Long AAA gold XB

RDFISHGUY

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin and I were just talking about what I was going to do with my fish I decided I needed a couple of rays and a blue-based XB , a super red , a giant pond with a viewing window, oh yeah- and a bigger house!

Congratulations! That is one QUALITY fish! :)

I visited Pang Long a few months ago in Singapore. Mr.Kan of Panda Aquatics took me there for lunch. The manager of Pang Long, Derek Goh was in China on business, but I had a tour with the rest of the staff. The operation looked top knotch. I used to deal with Derek when he was floor manager at Panda and can only say good things. I'll try posting some photos from my Pang Long visit soon.

Edited by Sam Chicklets

This post has gone way off track. I have deleted the argument. Also if I said I bought something from Walmart or Aqua giant, or anyone else for that matter it is not promoting a non sponsor it is just stating where I got it from. In the future if a similar problem arises please pm a mod or admin and we will deal with it. In the mean time everyone should be able post a picture of their fish with out an argument about the source. If you would like to further discuss this please do it through pm.

This is the video that got my drooling over BB X backs. Best looking arrows in my opinion.

Mine is coming from Dragonfish. I am sure I will be talking to Jay in the near future though! Could be as addicting as rays.

This is the video that got my drooling over BB X backs. Best looking arrows in my opinion.

Mine is coming from Dragonfish. I am sure I will be talking to Jay in the near future though! Could be as addicting as rays.

They are indeed beautiful and graceful. So when do we get to see yours?

I'll post an email here I already sent you Rudy. It might be of interest to others on the forum.

If you can, get the fish eating pellets. Try either Hikari, Sera, or NLS...basically any high quality pellet for piscivorous fish. You want HIGH protein. Unfortunately we find that only about a quarter to a third of the aros we bring in ever go on to eat pellets long term. If you are a father and have had success getting your todler to eat brussel sprouts or brocoli past age two maybe you can do it. Keep in mind eating strikes can be common with aros so you must be firm I guess...?

Most people use chopped up market prawn. Buy the shell on variety, must be raw. Shell off variety often has too much salt due to it permeating the meat during the de-shelling process (so I have been told), and thus it seems less palatable to the fish. Usually the aro will go for the tail bit of the prawn if it is cut to appropriate size. Some people use beef heart too.

Lastly come the live foods you already know about - meal worms, crickets, earth worms, and king worms. Some can be gut-loaded with processed fish foods first. These live foods always work, but have their drawbacks.

Don't go with feeders IMO.

Good luck and post on arowanaclub.ca The guys there will be very supportive in giving advice to help you with the feeding issue. It is a hurdle all aro keepers face.

Edited by stratos