Laser Red Cory's ( Wild )

corrosionjerry

I managed to spawn my Laser Red Cory's.... Ya Hoooooooooooooooooo / I have tried a dozen things to get them to spawn and finally I did the right thing............................

The bad news is that I have them in a 50Gallon and guess what / the eggs are scattered / in the plants on the sides etc...

Is there a way to get those individuale eggs without ruining them .................................

Congrats Jerry

I have read and heard you can take them off by hand ie. by rolling them off the glass or by using a razor blade to scrape them off. I have tried rolling them off but was unsuccessful. I did this right after they were laid though as my tetra's were eating them fast. The eggs were still pretty soft and just broke on me. I haven't tried the razor blade though as I was not quick enough.

Sean Cassidy

I managed to pick some off by hand when my cories spawned. First time they got some fungus and no luck. Had some luck on the next spawn though. My thought is use some antifungal if you're picking them off by hand. Just a suggestion though!! Congrats on your spawn!!!

Well I was able to pick leaves that had about 25 eggs attached / used a razor blade on the glass sides and was able to get about 5-6 that way

Razor blade method is a little tricky.....

This type of Corry lay only about 30-35 eggs at a time so I think I did well.....apparently this is the hardest of the Laser Cory's to spawn.... hopefully I will get the eggs to hatch now....I put them in a 2 1/2 gallon with an airstone and a few inches of water... time will tell

oh, I WISH I remembered where I read it... but I read an article about keeping shrimp (amano, I think) with the eggs. Apparently they keep the eggs clean and fungus free... maybe worth looking up. Since they are so hard to spawn, every little bit helps, no?

Best of Luck :D

When my bronze Cories spawned, I removed the eggs with an old credit card. I put them in a small container (walmart candy container) added an air stone and a few drops of Hydrogen Peroxide. I did 5-6 small feedings daily after they hatched and absorbed the egg sac.

I also found it easier using a small container to hatch them in as I was doing a 90% WC after each feeding. I had 46 eggs hatch out of 51. I kept the container on top of another tank to keep it warm as the warmer it is, the faster they hatch. Hope this helps. Good luck with your Cories!!! :thumbs:

Tammy

i have had bronze Cory's spawn before and i tried using a razor blade, if there was a lot in one spot on the glass the razor worked fine. if they were scattered i just used my hands to pick them off. they normally stick to my fingers and they are fairly hard eggs.

What method finally worked for you to get them to spawn?