Nandopis Clause

So if you have a verbal agreement, they can still back out if somone ups your price by a $1, that doesn't seem right....

What is it? I searched for it, but haven't found it. ?

The seller reserves the right to sell to who ever they feel fit .

It means you don't have to sell to the 1st person to PM you.

On AA, if you back out of a deal for no good reason, other to sell it to someone else, your buy/sell privilages will be suspended.

Nice that someone finally brought this up! However nothing in the rules for buy/sell say anything about who you can or cannot sell to. I read them again just to make sure.

In the past I chose those with senior forum status (100+ posts) over others with say 5 posts and joined today. Or simply availability.

The clause came into being when people who responded first to an ad felt they had the right to be the purchaser . However it is only fair and right that the seller can make up their own minds as to who to sell to. Having said that , let it be clear, if you promise something to someone , keep your promise.

Nice that someone finally brought this up! However nothing in the rules for buy/sell say anything about who you can or cannot sell to. I read them again just to make sure.

In the past I chose those with senior forum status (100+ posts) over others with say 5 posts and joined today. Or simply availability.

Its not in the rules, its just something that caught on. Nandopsis(the site's owner) made a post saying "nandopsis clause in effect" and it caught on from there.

You can choose who to sell your products to. It doens't have to be the first pm but as Qattara said, if you close the deal and promise it to someone, you can't go back on your word.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL...didn't realize the "nandopsis clause" actually caught on. I remember Jay posting stating something in regards to selling it to whomever he sees fit... I followed suit and gave credit where credit was due so instead of writing again and again what Jay said regarding selling to whomever...I just put Nandopsis clause in effect.

Js

Found where I posted it: http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=16196&hl=

Edited by fatpuffer

LOL...didn't realize the "nandopsis clause" actually caught on. I remember Jay posting stating something in regards to selling it to whomever he sees fit... I followed suit and gave credit where credit was due so instead of writing again and again what Jay said regarding selling to whomever...I just put Nandopsis clause in effect.

Js

Found where I posted it: http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=16196&hl=

FatPuffer is correct.

That is exactly how it got started.

I'll try and elaborate after i get home from work tonight.

• 2 years later...

Now that I know what it is, I think it's a good idea. That being said, I made an agreement to buy fish from a member on this forum and even pm'ed back and forth, called the number he gave me, left messages and nothing. No explanation, no mention of any clause, they just never got back to me. Too bad too, because I was looking forward to the fish and I would have given them an excellent home. Oh well. Live and learn.

Edited by Mary