Calgary Auction

werner

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about going. I am just not sure what kind of plants I want, all I know is I need plants. If all I need are plants would it be worth it for me to go, how hard is it going to be to buy the plants I like?

By the sounds of things, there will likely be a decent amount of plants, and it'll probably hurt you less in the pocket book at the auction than at the LFS...of course I could be wrong. ;)

I am thinking about going. I am just not sure what kind of plants I want, all I know is I need plants. If all I need are plants would it be worth it for me to go, how hard is it going to be to buy the plants I like?

By the sounds of things, there will likely be a decent amount of plants, and it'll probably hurt you less in the pocket book at the auction than at the LFS...of course I could be wrong. ;)

I guess because it is an auction I am afraid I will pay more then I should for the plant. you know what I mean

I guess because it is an auction I am afraid I will pay more then I should for the plant. you know what I mean

There's always that possiblity, so I suggest going to the LFS like Pisces or Big Al's and look at some of the plants they have there, check the prices and the quantities for that price. In Edmonton there were some pretty good deals for the plants, so i'm hoping that there will be some deals here in Calgary too.

some times the plants will go for more than pet store prices but some times especially towards the end of the auction the prices go down. also most of the time the plants at the auction the plants will be healthier and or bigger. i will be bringing about 14 bags of plants.

just make sure that you know the type of plants the you want, some require high light and c02. lots do not.

I was hoping to bring in some stuff too but I am in the middle of midterms :cry: two on Monday. So I will probably not even make it down. I am sure it will go reallly well. I hope everyone goes home with lots of great stuff. See you at the May CAS meeting, I'll have my face in the books till then :bang1: .

Cheers,

Ken

If you're planning on donating, gravel donations are also accepted. If you use the library's number, Werner could get us some awesome new betta books!!

Big decisions made this evening; riccia, hornwort, anubias nana, tiger vals, shinneria, almond leaves, CT female betta, guppies and angelfish. There is also a grab bag with duckweed and shrimplets too. Next auction, I will have more of my own bettas available, yeah!!