Deals gone bad?

I seem to remember reading somewhere about if a deal goes bad somehow, like someone doesn't pay or no show etc, that something happens? Are there warnings? Can someone be banned from the site? I know that is vague, but I was just discussing this with someone and they asked me the specific rules, and I realized that I don't really know.......

If someone could tell me about this or direct me to where I can read about this I would be appreciative.

Cheers.

(Don't worry, nobody did anything wrong, and I don't plan on doing anything like that either, haha).

A repeat offender will permanantly lose his/her buy and sell privileges.

I think it would be nice to have a little more clarification on what exactly constitutes an offense. I've read the sticky but I don't know that it's specific enough.

For example, many months ago now someone posted something for sale on this board that I was interested in, so I made an offer. At the time the seller couldn't actually sell me that something because something else had to be sold first before I could have it. That was fine for me at the time, but now it's been half a year and I'm still waiting for that thing to become available. Honestly, I don't think it ever will be available, so I've given up waiting and I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Do I personally feel this was a "deal gone bad"? Not really. Yes, technically, the seller hasn't held up their end of the sale as described in the sticky. I'm disappointed I haven't been able to get the thing I offered on, because it would have been a lot cheaper for me than buying from a store. The seller has never explained the delay either. But I don't think it's worth reporting the specifics. Sometimes things just don't work out. *shrugs*

Based on these (vague) details, is this nonetheless the kind of thing we're expected to report anyway? What if, another six months from now, the seller contacts me and I say I've long since given up waiting? Is it then me who ends up being the one who "welched" on the deal?

I too have had people lead me on about available fish. Telling me for weeks that they were available. Even said the fish would be delivered a certain week, then just before saying something came up with their delivery vehicle and the fish would be delivered the following week. Then nothing further from the person. People if you are so attached to your fish, don't lead us on, just keep them and don't waste our time. Please and thank you.

I think it would be nice to have a little more clarification on what exactly constitutes an offense. I've read the sticky but I don't know that it's specific enough.

For example, many months ago now someone posted something for sale on this board that I was interested in, so I made an offer. At the time the seller couldn't actually sell me that something because something else had to be sold first before I could have it. That was fine for me at the time, but now it's been half a year and I'm still waiting for that thing to become available. Honestly, I don't think it ever will be available, so I've given up waiting and I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Do I personally feel this was a "deal gone bad"? Not really. Yes, technically, the seller hasn't held up their end of the sale as described in the sticky. I'm disappointed I haven't been able to get the thing I offered on, because it would have been a lot cheaper for me than buying from a store. The seller has never explained the delay either. But I don't think it's worth reporting the specifics. Sometimes things just don't work out. *shrugs*

Based on these (vague) details, is this nonetheless the kind of thing we're expected to report anyway? What if, another six months from now, the seller contacts me and I say I've long since given up waiting? Is it then me who ends up being the one who "welched" on the deal?

If someone agrees to sell or buy, then backs out without a valid reason - that's a no-no. If someone agrees to show up at a certain time/place and doesn't, without calling - again, that's bad. If these things happen, please let the Mods/Admin know.

Thankfully, these things don't happen very often - we're all a pretty good bunch, and I like sharing the hobby here! :thumbs:

I've heard of people who have stopped alltogether giving away or selling anything online because of repeted no shows and others backing out at the last minute for no given reason. This is a good rule. I've waited for hours for someone to pick something up that i was giving away and they didn't showup and didn't PM or anything to explain why. I've been hesitant to offer again and i'm sure if it were to happen again i'd report it because i don't think i could live with the resentment towards the person and the increased reluctance to offer again that might just prevent me from offering. I've deleted all but one their PMs and have deliberately forgotten who it was because other than this instance the member is a nice person from what i can remember or else i wouldn't have offered it to them in the first place.

Merry christmas and thank you jason for the clarification.

L

Hi Again ..... I was just thinking as I was reading this thread, I believe that this not only fails to meet the few rules we are to follow but also it falls under "Good Manners" .... come on friends, lets simply treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves. please make a phone call if you are unable to meet with fellow fishy persons. For those that have already been either burned or inconvieniaced { spelling doesnt count } lets simply forgive and forget and start to trust the group again .... it really does mean a lot to others when we see that the large majority on this site are trying to reach out and give hand up to our fellow fishy folks. I see some members always trying to do there best to help this to be the best and friendliest site around the net. I want those who are steadily helping out on here to know that by doing the best you can you have set the example and that I for one am going to try to follow in your footsteps. ...... This is the Old Bag In Westlock to saying "Thank-You for a job well done". :thumbs: