Nice schooling...

Rory

What is a nice smaller schooling fish that isnt a neon tetra or cardinal. I still want "flashy" as it will be a 55g heavily planted tank in a wall. Will only have a few otto's along with shrimp so they cant see the shrimp as a meal either.

I have a few Harlequin Rasboras and they are fun .... they play a game I call ... up and down elevator...lol.... the all start going up and down tag in the bubbles... they never run into each oth .... sweet little fish.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I second jewels. ALL fish will try to eat shrimps if they are given a chance. Your shrimp WILL survive and continue to breed but you'll just see less babies and juveniles and your shrimp colony will take longer to grow...

As for schooling fish my favorite has always been the Black Phatom Tetras... I once had 2 males together and every morning they'd turn a stunning silver - black. Also maybe try some Diamond Tetras?

, , , " so they cant see the shrimp as a meal either."

Just to be contrary - I do not believe any of the above recommendations are shrimp safe. boxing.gif

As far as I know only cory's will abide shrimp

Idk, the I. werneri mouths are so small their mamas have to puree' their food their whole lives.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...