My post regarding Canadian Aquatic was deleted????

I believe the moderators and owners have a policy against those type of posts, view this thread might answer some questions

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=29077

I'll highlight the most important post for you, which i would agree with to a certain degree

We have decided not to allow vendor reviews because some of us have been a part of lawsuits for internet slander. It's not fun, it's expensive, and it's a reality. Granted, lawsuits are not as common on all Canadian sites, but the fact remains that we have rules and we will endevour to follow them.

We must remember that this is not a public forum, it is privately run and operated.

Edited by Nicklfire

Just don't buy online and the problems will stop! Get a good reputable fish store like Gold Aquariums and stay a good customers for years and you will never have a problem! They will order in what you want within reason and always back there livestock and products!

But to each his own!! Find what works for you and stick with it!!

Edited by t-man

:rolleyes:

I Read That Post And Well All I Can Say Is .... As Humans Mistakes Are Made !

Blake

I totally agree human mistakes are unvoidable. However, no doublt the party who makes the mistake should fix it to keep his/her reputation.

It was more like a flame war than anything. I support the mods. :thumbs:

I think the board's spirit is to promote aquarium hobby and experience exchange. I don't see the problem of telling a bad experience.

Yes, the spirit of the board is to promote the hobby; however, it doesn't take much for a company to decide it wants to sue for damages. I was a part of a forum several years back that was sued because someone said X company was bad. The suit went on for well over a year and expenses were in the tens of thousands.

We have the vendor review survey coming up next month. Also, if you'd like to share negative experiences, maybe post a thread that says, "I had a negative experience with a _________ (online, Cgy, Edm, etc.) retailer. Please PM me if you'd like to hear." That way you can share your concern and not have to post it publicly.

Also remember there is always a risk when buying wholesale - you don't always get what you want, and usually you're SOL. The reason you see mislabeled fish at the LFS is that they usually come from the supplier mislabeled.

Also remember there is always a risk when buying wholesale - you don't always get what you want, and usually you're SOL. The reason you see mislabeled fish at the LFS is that they usually come from the supplier mislabeled.

It's the reality anywhere in the fish business. the pleco species has more work to be done for proper identification. It's possible to get unidentified species. I once bought 15 blue rams under the label of tiger barbs. The guys at the store had no idea what any fish were. price difference of $15 to $3 each. They even took the time to look up the fish and warn me about how aggressive it can be.

This is correct. I explained to a LFS that the fish in the tank isn't want they have labeled it. They said they have to label it the same as what comes on the invoice. He explained if they know what the latin name is and it isn't the fish that came in and then they will change it. Example: A fish came in as Paracheirodon innesi which is "neon tetra". The fish that came in was a piranha! So they changed it accordingly. He said lots of fish come in mislabeled due to how many hands it passes through till it gets to the fish store. Just my 2 cents!

Edited by t-man

I think the board's spirit is to promote aquarium hobby and experience exchange. I don't see the problem of telling a bad experience.

Yes, the spirit of the board is to promote the hobby; however, it doesn't take much for a company to decide it wants to sue for damages. I was a part of a forum several years back that was sued because someone said X company was bad. The suit went on for well over a year and expenses were in the tens of thousands.

We have the vendor review survey coming up next month. Also, if you'd like to share negative experiences, maybe post a thread that says, "I had a negative experience with a _________ (online, Cgy, Edm, etc.) retailer. Please PM me if you'd like to hear." That way you can share your concern and not have to post it publicly.

This makes a lot more sense.... I m happy with this explanation. However, my post was deleted without any communication.

Tomorrow, I'll PM all who has respose to this post.

This makes a lot more sense.... I m happy with this explanation. However, my post was deleted without any communication.

Tomorrow, I'll PM all who has respose to this post.

The mods are busy people and don't always have time to send a PM. I'm happy they do such a great job as it is.

L