Cas Auction October 2

The Calgary Aquarium society's next auction is October 2nd so start saving. Will post more details later. PS, I need a member to spot some fry for the BAP contest. PM me if you can help me out!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Calgary Aquarium society's next auction is October 2nd so start saving. Will post more details later. PS, I need a member to spot some fry for the BAP contest. PM me if you can help me out!!

Hey I tried to PM you but your inbox is full and you cannot recieve messages. I can come spot for you, but I also need a spot lol! Let me know!

• 1 month later...

Anyone needing lots for the auction, please pm myself or Wingin It. We will also be giving out lots at the next meeting too. Current CAS and other aquarium club(even Edmonton :blush: ) members are eligible for 20 lots and there's a 500 lot limit so get yours quick. We also need volunteers too. I like to "run" as then I can see all the livestock up close and snag me some deals :smokey:

Anyone needing lots for the auction, please pm myself or Wingin It. We will also be giving out lots at the next meeting too. Current CAS and other aquarium club(even Edmonton :blush: ) members are eligible for 20 lots and there's a 500 lot limit so get yours quick. We also need volunteers too. I like to "run" as then I can see all the livestock up close and snag me some deals :smokey:

I thought you were auctioneering this year, what with all your CAOAC auctioneering and meeting auctioneering experience? :smokey: I'll be running, you'll be barking!

If auctioneering involves "mispronouncing" latin names and telling bad jokes, I've got experience doing that. My plans are to fill in as needed and hope that others will give it a try too. No one can mess up auctioneering as much as I can :bang1:

Bad jokes?... you?....that's hard to believe!

*ring, ring*

Kettle: "Hello?"

Mr. Syno: "You're black!"

:tongue:

If auctioneering involves "mispronouncing" latin names and telling bad jokes, I've got experience doing that. My plans are to fill in as needed and hope that others will give it a try too. No one can mess up auctioneering as much as I can :bang1:

I disagree Ma'am. I am actually worse, and have permanently vanquished myself to runner duty! haha! It's all you baby!

• 4 weeks later...

It's this sunday and we have over 500 lots taken so it's going to be good :drool: . Take those empties back and set up your extra tanks now..... We always can use more volunteers and proceeds from the "bumps" go to Trout Unlimited. Hope to see you then!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

We charge 5 dollars a bump and the proceeds go to a relevant charity. So far, we have raised money for the SPCA, Japan tsunami relief and now Trout Unlimited. It keeps people around longer and helps out good causes. The CAS is a "not for profit" society so our aim is not to make money but promote the hobby of fishkeeping. But of course, we do take donations too and I think my duckweed has paid for at least half a book for the library!!!