Do you have algae eaters?

vantgE

Do you have algae eaters?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have six ......One common pleco named Horatio. One clown Pleco named Hamlet. And four Otocinclus named Bubba, Blotto 2, Auto Von Bismark, and That oto.

Horatio is now about 10" Long.....I rescued him from my mom's tank ( a really bad set up......) when he was only four inches.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rescued him from my mom's tank ( a really bad set up......) when he was only four inches.

I have a Multiradiatus I rescued from my Granddaughters 1g hex at 4" now it is about 7 or 8" in my 46g b/f tank and growing like crazy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a farowella cat(twig catfish) in my disabled cichlid tank, he has no eyes( they got eaten when he was in the store, bunch of cichlids ate them when he was stuck in the sump intake) he still gets around fine and cleans like a maniac. very cool cat, and won't get huge like a common Pleco!

• 4 weeks later...

One of the WC clowns that are so popular, a BN (told once it was a 'starlight'?) and one other... might be a common but it sure ain't important. They all work together in rotation around the tanks to git'er dun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 1 Bristlenose (murray), 1 Rubber lip, and in a seperate tank 1 Inspector/Snowball pleco who i recentley found out on the internet is a carniverous pleco so he just eats my nls and brine shrimp. To go along with the meateater im getting a royal pleco soon. :smokey:

post-2040-1182924012_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a 7 year old BN named Hoover I traded in for 10 Otos and 2 Flying Foxes. The Otos are working hard but I don't see the Flying Foxes doing much cleaning...

• 1 month later...

hmmm plecos ya i got a few

4-common 3"-8"

1-albino bn 2"

1-l333 1"

and probally going to ged some more of the different rare ones. i have a 10 gal tank just for plecos that i let the algae run wild for them

Edited by cowboy