Do you have algae eaters?

vantgE

Do you have algae eaters?  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:thumbs: Maybe I have too many..lol

10 gal-9 BN fry

20gal- 1 Bn fry- 1 inch

29gal - 2 females and one male BN

30gal - 1 male and 2 female BN

72 gal - 2males and 2 female BN -Producing fry.

90 gal - 2 Albino BN

120 gal - 1 sailfin pleco. About 12 inches. 1 Royal Pleco, that I hardly ever see.

180 gal - 1 Sailfin pleco, about 10 inches

Soon to be swamped with BN Fry .

Frank

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Why did this come up. My post was Nove 11/07 and there is no new ones since than.

Frank

3 Otos in my 23Gal, an army of cherry shrimp, and, most recently, a pair of japanese trapdoor snails for my ACF tank. Of course, I can't forget the shubunkins, who clean up hair algae better than those aggressive ameca splendens ever did for me.

I've never kept plecos because I heard that they aren't really all that into algae eating. It would appear I am wrong, at least where the bristlenose is concerned.

• 4 months later...
3 Otos in my 23Gal, an army of cherry shrimp, and, most recently, a pair of japanese trapdoor snails for my ACF tank. Of course, I can't forget the shubunkins, who clean up hair algae better than those aggressive ameca splendens ever did for me.

I've never kept plecos because I heard that they aren't really all that into algae eating. It would appear I am wrong, at least where the bristlenose is concerned.

I have 9 between 6 tanks...

1 L333 (3")

1 L2 (4")

1 longfinned bristlenose (2")

1 regular bristlenose(4")

12 ottos

had a cherry shrimp tank but I just had to have some more fish so the angels got a snack. :rolleyes:

I have 3 - L025 Butterfly Plecos that were wild caught. they are 3-4 inches right now. I don't see them much, except for when the zucchini or peas go in the tank. They are still pretty skittish, but do a decent job of keeping the algae at bay.

I also have a common pleco in a smaller tank. That one has black sand in it and the poop really shows... ugh.

• 1 year later...

i have one lil BN pleco in my 55 and about 2 dozen apple snails. yeah, i know the snails aren't technically 'algae eaters' by common definition (pleco, SAE, CAE, etc), but they do a great job of keeping everything clean, the half of my mag float that sits outside the tank literally has dust on it, that's how often i have to use it, lol.

I have one common pleco, 2 albino sailfins, a variety of BN, siamese algae eater and several apple snails. Also my mollies love their algae too. I rarely ever have to clean algae and most of my tanks are high light, CO2 and fertilised regularly. My fish and snails are doing their jobs!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have Ancistrus Cirrhosis breeding trios x3 Albinos, regular and marbles. Mnay baies, juvi's an exact number could not say.1 Rhino pleco, 1 L181 male, 2 little Clown plecos and 1 Ottocinclus -who is about three years old!!!

I have an algae pellet eater... The Maddie Cat. I have to hide them as she thinks they're cat treats and full of fiber too. Sorry mods, couldn't resist...

I've got 2 Clowns, 1 BN, 3 Oto's, cherry and amano shrimp, and I'll soon be buying some more horned nerites, cause my last ones died and my poor glass is getting covered in green spots. They seem to be the only actual algae eaters I've ever owned lol