Ace Fall Auction

I was aiming to try and take home all the Corys, but my money cap restricted me, hubby gave me a 125 dollar limit, but I did manage to snag 4 schultzeis, 3 duplicarious, 6 panduro, a tank stand, a nice piece of driftwood and a pleco cave for about 120, so all in all great deals especially since the livestock would normally be found at 20-35 a fish at a lfs, got to put some faces to some of the names on here, and felt a bit famous LOL

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got 2 king tiger pleco's for 20$ each which i couldnt believe everyone stopped bidding.... at least the third one went for over 50..... i also got 3 adult synodontis multi's and 3 bags of kens rainbowfish which look awesome already tonight and eatting well i thought prices for anubias were pretty reasonable but alot of other plants went for cheap

My husband and I had a great time! What a wonderful day. It started on time and those auctioneers whipped those lots through in no time. And there were LOTS of LOTS. Ha ha ha.

Well done ACE members and organizers! You did a great job!

It is always nice to see familiar faces and make new aquaintences and friends.

I am already excited for the spring auction.

I was aiming to try and take home all the Corys, but my money cap restricted me, hubby gave me a 125 dollar limit, but I did manage to snag 4 schultzeis, 3 duplicarious, 6 panduro, a tank stand, a nice piece of driftwood and a pleco cave for about 120, so all in all great deals especially since the livestock would normally be found at 20-35 a fish at a lfs, got to put some faces to some of the names on here, and felt a bit famous LOL

You sure you shouldn't consider come out of the catfish closet and change your AA handle to something like....SuperCoryGirl?

Despite loosing (a LOT) on the sale of my Tropheus, I had a good time. Talked to some old friends and scored a few good deals. Picked up two bags of yellow Calvus (4 fish total), 3 julidichromas transcriptus, and a pair of sunshine peacocks.

I'd like to especially thank Rudy, who tried to help me out by offering to re-sell my trophs (he bought them the first time but only cause bidding stalled out). I played on the cautious side and didn't get on the risk, but they did resell for more, so money in Rudy's pocket. Oh well, thanks anyway Rudy!

Boom :boom:

i got 2 king tiger pleco's for 20$ each which i couldnt believe everyone stopped bidding.... at least the third one went for over 50.....

Actually I got the last one for $45. Still an incredibly good deal! I arrived late to the auction so you would have paid a lot more (more likely would have been outbid) for the others if I was there. :D I really liked the mixed bag of plants I got (even though I likely overbid). It was a good idea. Nice job seller! :thumbs:

I had the unfortunate experience of three red shoulder severums expiring in the bag by the time I got home. It looks like they hadn't been fasting before they were bagged. The seller was kind enough to leave his number on the bag label so I'll contact him tomorrow. Hopefully he has some more in his tanks. It sure made the crayfish happy when I gave them to him.

I managed to snag 2 bags of neon rice fish for unbelievable prices (1 bag for $6, the other for $4) the other bags went double or triple that.

I got a bag of 3 gold rams for $30 - and considering their colors it was a steal. Got some plants for under $5 (I'm cheap). Watched a big piece of driftwood with moss and plants on it go for $7 right at the end...

Some of the cories went well above store prices, quite a few shrimp were present although the yellow ones went higher than I wanted to go. (Anyone selling yellow shrimp? ;) )

Almost no cichlid juvies this time, I think there were 2 or three bags.

Kudos to our auctioneers who did a great job as always! :thumbs:

So, the next auction is in march - who can't wait? :thumbs:

Actually there was a good selection of cichlid juvies. I came home with three bags of cichlid juvies, one bag of "gold cichlids", a bag of young Severnums, and a bag of Tangs. But there was oodles of young angelfish (also cichlids) and quite a few kribs, rams, tropheous and apistogrammas (also cichlids).

Had a great time at my first auction. I'll definitely be more set up to buy plants next time because there were tons of really nice plants for great prices. I got a huge bag of Naja Grass, and a nice portion of Christmas moss. I also got some Green, Blue, and Yellow shrimp, an air pump, and a fluid bed filter. I drug my feet bidding on shrimp and found that they went higher nearer the end of the auction. Probably because I was bidding them up :P I will definitely be at the next one and might be selling shrimp, Rams and maybe some Discus.

Got some cories, cherry barbs, some mags and books and some plants. Had a good time at the auction-I always do.

Thanks again to the people who work so hard to put on the auction. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The drive home was a nightmare the Yellowhead was very very slippery and we saw two accidents and a few cars in the ditch before the turn off to Hwy 43. One involving a semi who clipped a jeep and hit the ditch and just about came out on our side of the divided hwy. Lucky for us as we travelled the roads got a little better.

Syno321- is the club thinking of moving the auction date because of the other conference you are hosting? Just so you know February is not a good travel month for me ;) the roads are bad. But hey there is always the conference.

I bid on quite a few items, but only came home with a pair of Melanotaenia herbertalexrodi. Rainbows and Cory's seemed to be getting good prices, aside from Paul's monster Anubias (which was still a bargain @ $85), most people stole the plants!

As a matter of fact, the deal on the Anubias was even better cause I bought it for 75.00....;)

Got some cories, cherry barbs, some mags and books and some plants. Had a good time at the auction-I always do.

Thanks again to the people who work so hard to put on the auction. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The drive home was a nightmare the Yellowhead was very very slippery and we saw two accidents and a few cars in the ditch before the turn off to Hwy 43. One involving a semi who clipped a jeep and hit the ditch and just about came out on our side of the divided hwy. Lucky for us as we travelled the roads got a little better.

Syno321- is the club thinking of moving the auction date because of the other conference you are hosting? Just so you know February is not a good travel month for me ;) the roads are bad. But hey there is always the conference.

Glad you made it back safely! And yes, the reason we're having it in February is because of the CAOAC convention we're holding here in Edmonton on the May long weekend. We're going to have some international guest speakers, banquet, a fish show, and of course, an auction.

Already walking past the tanks and jars and whispering"best in show, know it, believe it".....for the may show. I didn't do too well at the auction and only ended up with the laser cories, but.... thanks to some good people on the forum and lfs, I came home with some new cherry shrimp(my strain is starting to get bad teeth and quite enjoy playing the banjo), spixi snails, microworms and new lights and from the lfs, all sorts of plants I haven't killed yet. Made it home safe and sound, despite threats from members of ACE to do something to my car. And I didn't think my jokes were that bad....