nanmer

I always wondered what was inside ... now I know!

I needed to cut up a moss ball for one of my crazy projects. I placed half in a small dish and started with my project. I was happily working away and needed a bigger piece. I grabbed the half ball and saw something in the water in the dish ... 16 honking big planaria!

I, like many people on this site, have a battle against these wee beasties. Obviously they were living happily inside the moss ball. A long time ago I waged a war against them and obviously lost, then gave up. I took out the moss balls so the shrimp had something to climb on. They were not treated, not thinking they could be a major source of planaira. Now if I can ever find a source of fenbendazoleI will take the war to a new level!

Gross. I've ripped open a couple of my large moss balls by mistake as they were like ballons and thankfully never found planaria. Can Pancur C be bought at pet stores? That's what I've purchased in the past to battle planaria and hydra.

I am sitting here looking at the things and am tempted to do an experiment I was told about in elementary school ... cut the head down the middle and they grow two heads. That would teach them to slide around my tanks!

Then again, I would have to touch the things!

Panacur if I remember is a powder and can be a pain to dissolve in water try to get some Safe Guard it is in liquid form.I was able to get it from my Vet who has been treating my dog for over ten years and was interested in my fish experiments.I have read that some vets will and some won't but if you have a good relationship and provide them with some info they will accommodate.

The dose she looked up for me was 6.75ml for 75 gallons once a week for three weeks.

It didn't harm any fish or shrimp but destroyed the MTS & pond snails.

cool... work on gettin pics of the 2 headed planaria after your experiment!

Anyone has any of this panacur / Safe guard in Calgary? I have been fighting these stupid flat ramshorn snails in one of my planted tanks for a year and cant seem to get rid of them completely using cupramine dosing but the MTS population is completely gone. Wonder if it would be the final salvo in my war.

cool... work on gettin pics of the 2 headed planaria after your experiment!

Anyone has any of this panacur / Safe guard in Calgary? I have been fighting these stupid flat ramshorn snails in one of my planted tanks for a year and cant seem to get rid of them completely using cupramine dosing but the MTS population is completely gone. Wonder if it would be the final salvo in my war.

go to a vet to get panacur what I had 2 do. many will reject your request because the problem isn't something that they can see and diagnose. petsmart @ chinook let me buy.

• 3 weeks later...