As Seen On Tv, Can't Believe It.

Tv commercial I found while surfing online, couldn't believe my eyes. The instructions seem fairly sound but how many Killis (nothobranchius korthausae) are dying from this?

https://www.getmybff.com/Index.dtm

https://www.getmybff.com/BFF_Manual.pdf

https://www.getmybff.com/BFF_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

They've been selling kits like this for a really, really long time. It's a learning experience for most people...sometimes it sparks the interest in the hobby. I got my son a Triopps kit for his bday last week...should be interesting!

Looks like it would be a miracle...lol

Sea monkeys and triops are one thing but trying to raise Killis in a bowl just seems wrong to me. Granted the poor conditions they are expecting raise them in, how many kids are disappointed when they can't hatch these eggs and if they do manage what kind of condition are these fish going to be? I know myself have made many mistakes and still do... As a mom I know how heartbreaking it is when my lil ones are upset (ie my son and his love of sucker fish) when eggs don't hatch or we lose babies...just makes me wonder

This product isn't to help out anyone but only the seller. this is a quick and easy money maker package, very smart of them actually. GLH hairpaint...quickseal in a can... double chin reducers...all the same, something stupid that stupid people buy.

no offence to anyone who's bought! lol

This product isn't to help out anyone but only the seller. this is a quick and easy money maker package, very smart of them actually. GLH hairpaint...quickseal in a can... double chin reducers...all the same, something stupid that stupid people buy.

no offence to anyone who's bought! lol

Clever absolutely. Ethics? Morals?

The animals have no value to the seller and they have not even given it a second thought, money is the only motivator, as mentioned here. Unfortunately in our society, these issues are multiplying at an ever increasing rate........are we growing so immune to "clever " marketing to the point of normalizing stupidity?

Here is another example....(not related you say,think again)..In an other world we had electricity supply run by our government .....effective, reasonably priced.....had a look lately what clever (read lobbying) marketing got us there? I am sure one can come up with many more examples....I can, do not get me started..

Perhaps capitalist thought is running amok.....no I do not favor communism:-)

Ok enough time on the sandbox

John

This is too funny and strange! Great marketing idea though - simple ads placed during Sat morning cartoons and now we are off with our kids to get a new BFF!

Now to market the dead fish flushable coffin - teach kids about the circle of life. That will be next in a few months after sales slump, imagine that ad!

I guess that wouldn't be a bad idea if the parents grabbed a cheap real tank at the same time. I don't know what those fish price out at normally though...?

Though that would defeat the whole purpose and the owners may as well have bought direct from a pet store then.

Edited by Iceturf

I can just amagine how many parents ordered it after their kids see these adds, just a bad idea to me, rather take the kids to the LFS and get them started the right way with the proper information on how to care for their new fish friend, and know exactly what you are getting. Next it will be Nemo in a can! -01-