Calgary Show, Speakers And Auction March 15 And 16Th

Just a heads up, Mike Hellweg has been confirmed as the main speaker for our weekend Marhc 15th and 16th. This guy does some really cool talks and we will be choosing some at our next meeting November 12th. Show setup is friday, speakers and show saturday(and I have just have to confirm the other local guys) and auction and show teardown sunday. Really great guy with a real passion for the hobby, can't wait until that weekend!!! Already walking past the tanks and motivating..... "get the dorsal up, no hiding in the corner, etc."...

• 2 months later...

Am starting the list for auction lots. If you are a current member of an aquarium club, you can have 20 lots. If you are also a volunteer at the auction or on the executive, there's 25 lots available(hint, hint, join the executive or volunteer). Please pm or email me(vicepres@calgaryaquariumsociety.com).

• 5 weeks later...

OK, for those of you showing fish, they have to be in your tanks now... No finding that beauty at pisces, riverfront, golds, etc. now and I have my spies... Please be advised that there is cash prizes of 15 dollars for first, 10 dollars for second and 5 dollars for third (just in time for the auction.). Also I messed up and there's 25 lots for members and 30 for member/volunteers...About a third of the lots are gone so please contact me!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, there is 100 dollar prize for best in show and best angelfish, 60 dollars for the best egglayer and livebearer and this is cold hard cash... just in time for the auction on sunday. 2/3 of the lots have been taken so this will be a big auction. I'm bringing some bettas, weird livebearers and lots of plants. What's everyone else bringing??

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few large red tiger lotus I'm bringing as well as a couple Guyanacara Stergiosi. Maybe I'll throw some wild type endlers in there too hmm. Sure have lots of Cherry shrimp, these little critters are really red.

Edited by vince0

Heads up!! this will be one of largest auctions Calgary has had in several years....Raid those piggybanks now....