Noisy AC 300

CRMW

I've got two AC 300's with new impellers & shafts in them. At least onces a day either one or both of them start buzzing. I just have to touch the top and they quit, however it is getting annoying. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the noise?

Chris

Also, do you have that liitle thing that makes the AC not touch the tank out?

It is just a little (words have left my brain for the evening)thingy that just pushes out so that the motor does not run against the tank.

I hope this makes sense, cause right now, I don't think it does?

Ah yes, my least favourite aquaclear feature. I solved this problem by putting a little bit of blu-tack (the stuff you can use to put posters on a wall) on each of the corners of the lid. Some putty or something else with similar properties would probably work too.

I had the same problem with an A/C. Dollar store bungey cord, problem solved with not risk of a contaminant getting in the tank.

Cheers;

Hmm appears a recall might be in order. :D Mine does it too, I use a bungy cord also. I don't have the little thing that keeps the filter off the tank. I put a household sponge between the filter and the tank. Soft and absorbs vibrations.