Brine Shrimp Eggs

Cheese

One of the things I enjoy about this forum is that they don't tolerate personal attacks. I am perfectly content to ignore your existence RD, and I would appreciate it if you'd do the same. Its a different opinion - its no big deal. I did not address you or your food and I have absolutely no desire to argue with you. Let's move on and allow people to enjoy their discussion. Thank you.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not address you or your food

But of course you did, in your usual "oh so subtle way". There was no need for you to post a snipe such as this:

That way I'm covering all of my bases rather than depending only on tradition, information older than I am, or commercial hype. One thing I've learned in marketing is that a good marketer can convince you that your fish will grow two heads and that's a good thing, complete with expert studies....lol....so a little common sense goes a long way.

Tradition, information older than you are, commercial hype, and a cheap shot at those who market commercial products. Puhleeese.

Feel free to continue to cover all of your bases with your fish, but please spare myself & other respected members of this forum from the snide & oh so subtle comments directed at those of us who happen to have a difference of opinion. If you would like to discuss fish nutrition, in detail, as always I'll be happy to assist yourself or anyone else on this forum, as I always have, which is certainly longer than I have been marketing fish food.

Who knows, you might actually learn something ....

FYI - I have no plans of ignoring anything that relates to fish nutrition, if I see BS I fully intend to call the person on it, yourself included.

Edited by RD.

First I need to calm down, now I need to let go of the bitterness? :lol:

FYI - I am very calm, and I'm not bitter at all.

If you want to move on, fine, all you need to do is stop digging that hole that you're standing in.

Cheese - my apology for side tracking your thread, that was certainly not my intention.

I'll bow out of this discussion now, & hopefuly you find a local source for your brine shrimp eggs.

Cheese, I got my bulk supplier information through a friend at UBC. Do you know of anyone at a university who is in the 'fish departments'? I'm practically next door to the one I sent you the link for, but I never knew it existed until my friend told me. Its an idea anyway. :D

Wow...all I did was ask about brine shrimp eggs... :shock:

Anyone ever try the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs?

If I ever go back to using Brine Shrimp, that's the only way I'd do it. I used to decapsulate about 8 years ago - lots of good info online... of course, a lot of that info is old. But, using bleach & water doesn't really change, does it? :)

After feeding fish a LOT of different foods - live, frozen, prepared - I'd have to say that my favorite is NLS. I'm not taking sides, or anything. This has just been my experience over the last year or so. Fish like it, I don't know if there's anything better for them, and MAN do they grow! :thumbs:

Oh yeah.... large, often WCs go a long way to helping baby fish grow, too.

HTH, Cheese. :thumbs:

BSD is still going to cost me $20 more than the person in England because of their shipping methods.

I'm going to grab my phone book and start calling store after store and see if I can find anything around here. It's the shipping costs that's the killer.

I did like the site, lots of good information.

Do you have the nutrient breakdown of the NLS?

Edited by Cheese

After feeding fish a LOT of different foods - live, frozen, prepared - I'd have to say that my favorite is NLS. I'm not taking sides, or anything. This has just been my experience over the last year or so. Fish like it, I don't know if there's anything better for them, and MAN do they grow! :thumbs:

Darlin' there are no sides to take - we all have our methods and I'm a better fish-keeper for hearing all of them, whether I decide to use them or not. I hope that nobody ever hesitates to share their personal preferences for any reason. That's the wonderful thing about a forum, especially one filled with so much personal experience.

Great! Now I have GUILT...lol....shoot me again Jason!

BSD is still going to cost me $20 more than the person in England because of their shipping methods.

I'm going to grab my phone book and start calling store after store and see if I can find anything around here. It's the shipping costs that's the killer.

Ain't that the truth, and they continue to go up! One thing about the UK is when I send things by ground to a business associate there, it takes almost 2 months!

You could also try doing a group order here on the site. Have seen other members do it to try and cut the overall cost. Good luck.

I have an unopened bag that I was going to try on some killie fry in a few weeks.

Try asking around the ACE...I know a couple of members have done a few shipments from BSD in the past year or so....probably someone with some eggs to spare.

I personally don't like to support Big box stores, but in this case, you can go to Petsmart or Petcetera or anyone who distibutes San Fransico Bay brand brine shrimp. SFBB offers cysts in 454g packages. They should be able to get that size with in a couple of weeks, if they don't already carry it. No shipping cost to worry about!

It is worth looking into anyways.

Edited by Ichthyosporidium

Try asking around the ACE...I know a couple of members have done a few shipments from BSD in the past year or so....probably someone with some eggs to spare.

I posted a message there a few days ago actually...no luck yet. As much of a pain in the...bottom...hatching the brine shrimp is, I enjoy watching the fry go nuts over them, until my male sees me peeking and comes flying at me to tell me off of course. I have enough to last a week or two until this batch gets big enough to be totally off them. I've had a few recomendations on what else to feed so I'm going to try a few things as well. This week coming (unfortunately I will have to wait for payday) I'll pick up some of the NLS, and someone else suggested something called Better Than Brine, so I'll try that too. They've spawned probably 10 times so far, and this is the first batch to last past a day of free swimming...so I guess this is my trial batch.

What do you think of Omega One foods? I have some pellets that my other fish love...my big catfish used to go BALISTIC over. :w00t: I could grind some of them up for the fry...?