terra cotta

johnsmith

Even broken ones are quite usefull. I made (IMO) a gorgeous tank w. piles of broken terra cotta pots with a group of Yellow Labs and Mel. cyan's. The contrast of the yellow, blue and terra cotta was awesome!

Nah, I didn't do anything. I figured the edges of slate can be pretty sharp, and we all use that. I've also used oystershells to build caves in Rift Lake tanks. They're way sharper than the TC pots, and it was all cool. :)

• 1 month later...

I found a tile blade for a hacksaw works wonders for cutting curved holes or enlarging the bottom hole.

• 2 months later...

On a good day @ Home Depot..if you ask the right person, you can get them to cut your just-purchased terra cotta pots in half on the wet saw. It is still a good idea (as previously mentioned) to deburr the edges, I have used a file, but only because where I was doing this, I had no compressed air for my die grinder:)

Here is a pic of the finished product after a good gooping up with silicone and a shake and bake like treatment with aquarium gravel...

mycaves.jpg

HTH

James

Edited by James (Western Canada)