Nandopsis

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

My name is Jesse.

I just drove into this hobby and find it fun and interesting.

I got 2 tanks:

30 gal FW, angelfish, dwarf cichilds

90 gal SW, clowns and tangs

Both very new tanks

Looking to learn from people who know more than myself.

• 1 month later...

Hello, from Calgary.

I started my first aquarium about 6 months ago and have enjoyed the hobby enormously. I even got some of my friends into it, one I help setup his 20 gal. community aquarium and 2 others planning to have their own, one of the two already have an empty 30 gal. ready.

I have a 36 gal. community tank with discus, tetras, plecos, clown loach and live plants. I just bought a beta and put him in my fluval chi and he seems to be enjoying himself.

Looking forward to learn more from the society about how to take care of my beta as well as my other fishes and shrimps.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone!

I am brand new to the site and was introduced to it by a member who I bought another one of my rays off of. I currently have a 100 Gal aquarium going with 3 small rays and going to be building a custom tank in the next few months. From Calgary originally moved to Edmonton for a job promotion. I have been in love with rays for years and spent over a year doing all my pre reading before setting up my first fish tank with rays.

Tyler

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

New to the board. I'm from Grande Prairie, Alberta and have two smaller tanks. A 26 Gal bowfront with 3 Peacock Gudgeons, a Dwarf Gourami, 2 Otos and Pomacea diffusa .. and a 35 Gal long, with Guitar Smiragdinas, Pearl Gourami, some Bloodfin Tetras, some Neons, Otos and Pomacea diffusa.

Busy drooling over some Hujeta Gar at my LFS but my tank's not big enough ... wahhh!

*waves hello*

Molly

Hello from Lethbridge

My wife and i have four Malawi Cichlid tanks running right now and have just orderd a 130 gallon custom tank hopefully to be set up the second week of Jan 2012. We will combine all four tanks to one community which means less water changes for me to remember to do. We are looking for some new calm and friendly Blue Dolphins (cyrtocara moorii) for our community.

I have always had a tank running for the past 30 years and do belive its become and addition for sure.

Please let me know if anyone has any available.

Thanks for your time and reading.

Jason :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in Edmonton and my son (9 years old) and I just started a 55 gallon tank last week. We are planning to have a good set of community fish running in it. My son wants to have dwarf frogs so that dictates the type of fish that will join them. We currently have Serpae Tetra, Columbia Tetra, and some Panda Corys.

I am very glad that I found this site and forum!

Jean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, my name is Grant, I live in Stettler. I'm an Heavy Equipment Operator at a Coal Mine near here. I'm big into monster fish! Just finishing up building my 400 gallon tank, one little leak to fix yet. Will be keeping a pair of Silver Aros, Frontosas, Jaguars, a Motoro Ray, BGK, Royal Clown Knife, Flordia Spotted Gar, Green Terrors and Jack Depseys.

post-5606-0-24264300-1327542226_thumb.jpg

Just a poor quality picture of the tank, it's about 7x2.5x2.5.

To see more of my build go here!

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?443327-First-Tank-Build-400-Gallon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I live in Sherwood Park soon to move. I've had fish for over 8 years and until this year never had a sick fish or any disease. My streak had to break sometime and it did with a huge kick in the teeth. :cuss: . I admire regular cichlids from afar, the snakey loaches with a shudder (ever clean someones tank for them and accidently grab something (snakey looking loach) you didn't know was in there *shivers*). Have and Had Mollies, tetras, barbs, wags/swordtails, bettas, platties, goldfish, dwarf rainbows, catfish, chinese algae eaters, danios, etc. Current favorite of the community tank is my button ram named Mohawk. Have 4 tanks in the house going now, 140G > Community, 60G > Guppies that are my sons, 50G > Angelfish that are my daughters, and a wee 3G > A Goldfish that is my daughters as well. Watch the 140G all the time, its better than tv. And no we don't raise the guppies as feeders for the angels, I don't believe in feeder fish as a personal opinion but won't enforce my belief on you so no worries there. That's it I guess. oh and recently added shrimp to the community tank Amano. Funny looking critters that fight my Variatus (?sp?) for their food piles LOL.

Edited by jeanie1978