Water Cooler

I start this by saying that this directed at no one person. That being said it becoming increasingly tedious to find anything of value in the water cooler forum. Lately it has became inundated with text jokes that in all honesty most of us have seen before.This of course is followed by 5 or 6 posts, usually by the same people typing in their rolling smiley heads. God knows I think GOOD humor whether in the form of prose, or video links is great, but I remember a day when we could have meaningful discussions about meaningful topics at the water cooler. A topic that requires a little more input than picking the suitable smiley.

So I suggest that we start a "Little Levity" or "On the lighter side," where the people who want to post or read what they consider to be witty, and leave the water cooler for REAL discussion. JMO

Please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, define REEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by vic

-roll-

The Water Cooler

Talk about anything in here. Work, cars, anything that interests "you".

Maybe should be changed to

The Water Cooler

Talk about anything in here. Work, cars, anything that interests "HOSSTILE".

-roll-

I enjoy the jokes and the smilies. If the title doesn't interest me I don't go in to read it.

My 2 cents.....

I agree. If the title interests me I'll open it. If not....it gets marked as read. I read some of the funnies, but don't really find them annoying. Besides, a lot of the serious talk does fit into a lot of the other categories listed on this forum.

I have to agree. Finding constant joke threads in here unfortunately is kind of like getting email spam each day.

But then again, the water cooler is for anything.

I've just started ignoring them.....if you go to the bottom of the index page and hit the "Today's Active Topic's" link, you can get a list of the day's topics that have been started or replied to, and ignore the ones you want. :)

Please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, define REEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No offence Vic but that is the most ORIGINAL material you have posted in a while.

Wendy read my post again, and notice that I didn't say to ban jokes but to put it in one place so that people who WANT to read them, can. And excuse me GR8BLADE, unlike Vic's posts which are clearly marked as humor you cannot always tell the content, based on the title so sometimes you do open something you wish you hadn't.

Personally my pet peeve is people who put in alot of -roll- or good one replies in order to get their post numbers up... tell me this doesn't happen.

Leave the jokes in - but stop the lame replies.

Just my humble opinion!!!

Kevin