Boom's 180 Gallon Tank Project

Boom

Just wanted to update that I have started to build the shelving units to go on either side of the tank. I'm not gonna post a walkthrough of how I'm building them as it's not really aquarium related at this point. But rest assured I will post pics when they are all done.

Boom :boom:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished cutting up and staining the trim work for the left side last night. Gotta install it, then a few more small pieces, add the walnut plugs, and then I'm done! Very soon now.

Exactly. Two kids takes up WAY more time than 1 does. Even when I'm in the shop all night I keep getting interupted for her feedings and such, trying to give the wife a break a bit, now that she's on the bottle. She's not a great sleeper.

I'll be honest tho, I did get sidetracked a bit with 1 or 2 other projects that have eaten up some of my time too.

• 1 month later...

All right. This has been waaaayyy too long since the last picture update.

Anyway, except for 2 pieces of trim that I still need to attach, this project is DONE!

Yaaaahhhhhooooooooooo!!!!!!!

P1030369.jpg

P1030379.jpg

P1030371.jpg

P1030372.jpg

I'll take some more pics of the fish a bit later. I've added some driftwood and fake plants and I really like how it looks now.

That really is beautiful now if only i had the talent and money to make my stand look half as good as yours. Thanks so much for sharing this.

L