When is the Edmonton auction?

fairdeal

If you want to run a tab, you do have to register (and be a member); however, if you're just paying cash for each item, registration is unecessary.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Auctions are very simple,

We have an auctioneer, who is usually very entertaining.

You see a fish you like at the price you like start bidding, if you are lucky no one will bid against you, if not you maybe have several people bidding against you. I was outbid on a stunning OB at the CAS auction he went for over 60.00, OMG he was so nice.

But I came home with some lemon jakes at an awesome price under 10.00 for a group of three...

Came home with some awesome plants etc... so it is always nice to bring lots of money...

Because you seem to buy more then you intended...oh yea and you might end up with angryhusband syndrom once you get home too...haha...

The day is very fun, you get to meet a lot of the members you also get to see fish you normally would not of seen.

ACE/CAS auctions are highly recommended, they are good for the soul!

Do you need to register to buy, I was reading www.fish-club.org/index.php?nav=au and the rules and regulations seems to imply I need to register to buy/bid.

Never been to an auction before, how do these things normally run?

The people who will be selling their stock will display the items on tables and each item will have a number. People who are interested in buying, will look at the items during the display time and note down the numbers of the items that they are interested in. Then the auction will start. The auctioneer will pick up an item and describe it and also say the item number and he/she will start off with an opening bid. People who are interested in buying that item will indicate so by a gesture, usually by raising hands. Nothing fishy goes on in an AA auction, so its pretty simple... ;)

If lot of people raise their hands, then the auctioneer will go on increasing the prices and the interested people will keep their hands raised. This goes on until some people think that the item is getting too costly and they drop out of the bidding by lowering their arms.

In this way you will end up with a whole lot of fish and plants and an empty wallet.... and then you will come back in the evening and drool over your new treasures and discuss that on the board... -ham-

ACE members:

Registration is automatic if you are an ACE member.

ACE members can pay cash upon winning each of their bids or run a tab under their valid ACE membership number.

ACE members who choose to run a tab may not cash out until the auction is over (no exceptions) and all CAS members running a tab have cashed out.

CAS members:

To run a tab as a CAS member, see a member of the ACE executive to have an auction number assigned to you.

CAS members can alternatively pay cash upon winning each of their bids.

CAS members who choose to run a tab may not cash out until the auction is over (no exceptions), but will be allowed to cash out before the locals.

Non-members:

If you are not a member, you are not registered.

Non-members are free to participiate, but must pay cash upon winning each of their bids.

Non-members can pick up a membership form at the comptrollers desk.

The auction registration form is for ACE and CAS members to register up to 20 lots that they will be bringing to the auction to sell. This registration form must be submitted prior to the auction (see website for details), and a printed copy must be brought to the auction to verify that your items are on the tables.

If you would like to bid on something right away, you can "bump" it for a small fee (usually a couple bucks)- then it will be the next lot up for bids. Often, if people only have a limited time to be at the auction (as if there's more important stuff out there) they'll bump the items they want and then take off...

...Leaving all the real bargains for the rest of us- mwaahaha! If you can stay until the end, by all means do so. That's when things sell for $1. :smokey:

I'm going to go but this time i'll make sure that i have enough room in the car for all the stuff i buy (oops). On my first auction i forgot about a tank I had Bought at the very start of the auction and it wouldn't fit in my car along with the 30 gallon tank and stand, rubbermaid cooler full of fish, bucket of gravel and rocks, Etc, etc. I ran out of money just before i ran out of room in the car. That's a lesson i'll never forget.

Hope to see everyone there.

L

for those of us who want to sell fish, I was wondering where I could buy some of that blue fish destresser?

I think Nature's corner sells them. Jungle Jim's Bag Buddies. If they don't have it, I'm also organizing a group order from Spencer Jack and he sells them as well.

YES!!! I thought for some DUMB reason that it was in Feb.. I was sooooooo sad... with my hubby being in school and all... no cash flow other then mine ( BILLS BILLS BILLS!!!!) But If its in March then HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!! I'm going to be going.. with some money too!!! YA YA YA YA YA!!! LMAO