Arnold from AquaGiant

Ruadh

Some of you may know Arnold at AquaGiant.

He made a sudden departure from the store and vanished.

Does anyone here know him and could put me in touch with him?

Rick

Rick

Pm me your phone number, and I will pass it on to him.

He was fired because someone returned an item, and then walked out of the store with said item when it was left on the counter while Arnold went to serve another customer. That person needs to make amends for this. I know who it is and will see if she steps up to the plate. Now that this has been brought up on the forum.

Rick

Pm me your phone number, and I will pass it on to him.

He was fired because someone returned an item, and then walked out of the store with said item when it was left on the counter while Arnold went to serve another customer. That person needs to make amends for this. I know who it is and will see if she steps up to the plate. Now that this has been brought up on the forum.

That's not a good thing.

Costing a guy his job is just wrong.

I sure hope she steps forward to do the right thing.

I wish Arnold all the luck.

Rick

That is a pretty silly thing to fire someone over. Fired because someone shoplifted while he helped a customer.

That is a pretty silly thing to fire someone over. Fired because someone shoplifted while he helped a customer.

I agree if this is true.

Looks like they need to have a course in employee relations! I would sue their $%SSS for wrongful dismissal. This may fly in other parts of the world but this is still Canada.

J

Edited by geleen

This store is owned by Orientals and they are very big on Honour.

I'm sure in their eyes, Arnold lost face.

The woman responsible needs to step forward, in private, and restore his honour.

None the less it cost him his job. While he is going through some hard times in life.

The owners have done a very poor job of laying out the store. With only one staff member on duty the layout is ideal for any kind of shoplifting. Paying 2 employees to work at all times ( with one always at the till ) is the only way to prevent theft. It is the OWNERS lack of forethought to the layout, or frugal staffing that are responsable for any missing items, NOT THE EMPLOYEES!

The owners have done a very poor job of laying out the store. With only one staff member on duty the layout is ideal for any kind of shoplifting. Paying 2 employees to work at all times ( with one always at the till ) is the only way to prevent theft. It is the OWNERS lack of forethought to the layout, or frugal staffing that are responsable for any missing items, NOT THE EMPLOYEES!

I just spoke with Arnold and he even offered to pay the money for the item until the person returned. They didn't take it and personally they are totally to blame and I really hope Arnold gets his chance to get back at them for everything they have done to him. Wrongful dismissal is a serious thing and the money they have to pay if they are found guilty (which they will be) is allot.

Good luck to Arnold I'm sure we'll see him around the fish hobby in the future

L

I'm tossing my old receipts after i return my burnt out light again for a new one. I was keeping them so i could get a 10 percent discount when they totalled $1000. They have lost any loyalty i had to them because of how they went about treating a loyal employee that was the main reason the store was still open and the west end store closed. I forsee a going out of business sale in the future.

Lisa

One last thing I think we should edit the survey we did for the best stores in Alberta. It's how i found Aquagiant and i would hate to see an innocent new member unwittingly paying them a visit thinking we actually support them still.

Edited by Ishkabod

One last thing I think we should edit the survey we did for the best stores in Alberta. It's how i found Aquagiant and i would hate to see an innocent new member unwittingly paying them a visit thinking we actually support them still.

No one said that we had to support them but telling other people Aquagiant is a bad store is just plain wrong. People have minds and they can make up themselves. Just because the stores experience is ruined for us now, doesn't mean we should ruin it for others.