2200 gal Ray tank build

skynoch

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad its meant for Rays.

I think fishclubgirl and I could stock it fully with "RARE" livebearers.

She could probably completely aquascape it as well with those jungle tanks.

Although finding a Coralife big enough might be interesting let alone the fert and flourite costs.

I see why I keep to my mini nano tanks in comparison.

It really is an amazing build - I give you tons of credit.

I would love to see pics once stocked. My co-workers would be in awe.

Our basement at work is big enough maybe the Vet hosp needs a swimming pool / tank.

:drool: WOW!!! :thumbs: My old Gourami looks like a small one in that monster tank! Now I am jealous as my 450 is nothing compared to that!! Can you come to my house and build one for me? LOL

Edited by t-man

• 1 month later...

i would love a tank that size. would like to know what you have going as a filter? did you use glass or acrylic? you said you sealed it with liquid rubber Zavlar did you have any problems adhering the front. i read i dosn't stick to glass to well and silicon dosn't bond to well to it. i could be wrong i have not working with it. i'm building a tank and always looking for options

Edited by pengu

OMG that is amazing Scott. You take this hobby to another level. How does having a heavy load like that affect the foundation of the house? I always wanted to try something like this for my large aros but too afraid. If you don't mind me asking how long and how much did it take to build this tank.

What do you charge for the price of admission

Thanks

Raymond

That is just amazing! Wow!! I am also curious about the filtration. I can't wait to see it with rays in it

Stellar!!!!! Well done !!

Blake

Thanks

:thumbs: This is the biggest tank I have ever seem .... it gives the term "Swimming With The Fishes" a whole new meaning .... you could actually do it. You must be very proud of yourself ..." Well Done " ..... Linda ....

Thanks, I'll be going swimming in the next couple days to do a little cleaning.

Its done! Congrads Scott. Can't wait to see pictures of the rays in there new monster tank. Very well done :thumbs:

Hopefully some updates tonight after cleaning the window.

Looks really good :thumbs:

Thank you

Looks great, Scott!

Still needs some aquascaping but it's coming

Wow, definetly want to see pictures once its all stocked! :thumbs: What kind of filtration and heating do you have on that?

For filtration there is a sta-rite 24" sand filter with about 300 galons an hour on the return side going to a bio-reactor with 5 cuic feet of aquadyne media. There are 2 pumps one 4500 gph just for turnover and the 6500 gph which goes through the filter system. For a heater all I use is the drip system at the moment but there was an initial 3000 w electric water heater hooked in line to get the temp up and to test with. I'll get some picks later

holy cow! :drool: :drool:

thanks

Finally some real pics of the setup! Looking awesome Scott. Love the choice of tiles for the vertical walls, very well thought out. Can't wait to see the full outcome once the tank is stocked.

Just about fully stocked, so I guess it's time for more pics

ONLY 2200, why so small? lol Looks great Scott. Well done, your rays will be very happy in there new home. Just wondering, did you go for a swim yet?

lol no room togo bigger or I would have. Went swiming once but not with the fish yet

Hybrid, I think we have to do a road trip to see this beauty :)

Always good to see ya