How many tanks before we become odd.

Nyxis

I know fish keeping is addicting but how many tanks can a person have before they cross that line from being a person with a hobby to a person with an obsession. Is one aquarium in every room too much? How about one room devoted just to aquariums? Have you crossed the line when you need to worry about excess humidity?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a tank in every room (like my house) is borderline rediculous. Anything after one tank per room and you're getting into the obsession type stuff... oh wait... 3 of my rooms have more than one tank.... OH NOOO... :chair:

Edited by FishyFishy!

I think it's when you start talking about it to people who don't care or have any interest in fish keeping.

-roll- So true. I do that all the time and i get the weirdest looks.

It became odd at my house when I got my 2nd 29 gallon. No one else in my family or any of my friends understand why I enjoy fish so much. Now I have a 180, 80, 55 and everyone wants to send me to an asylum.

Edited by Jaykit

I once had three ten gallon tanks in my bedroom which was 12 by 12 with a bed, desk, clothes and lots of books. I then bought a house and now I have nine tanks, most of the rooms have more than one tank. My brother thinks I am strange, but I have now gotten him involved in the auction bidding. The more the merrier. He has given up on me the only request he has now is that I don't overwhelm the upstairs flooring and drown him in the basement which is his half of the house. My best friend can't understand why I have to visit pet stores in Edmonton when I come for a visit. I like looking at fish. It is relaxing and maybe she should try it. Sometimes the line between hobby and work is thin but as long as you are having fun it is good. I may be a little odd as I sometimes catch myself talking to my fish but hey they are alive and better then talking to a rock. -roll- -roll-

talking to your fish isn't crazy. it's when they start talking back that you need to check yourself in somewhere.......... lol.

hey...you're the one with the barking oscar.....lol

ps....the snails are rocking out my big tank now......thnx again

Most people just don't get it! I love the hobby, after raising many different animals I have come to appreciate fish more than any because they are so quiet. People don't understand when I say raising fish is much nicer than raising baby lions. But in my case, I think we have crossed the line into insanity because people now come over and say we should open our house up and charge admission to see our aquarium in the prairies.

22 tanks up and running and still growing!!!