Edmonton Auction

Wingin' It

I bought that big potted pond plant (my wife says it is umbrella pyrus) for her and so all was well when and I came in the door and said "honey I bought you something at the auction". Smart move.......She is the plant person around this house so I knew she would like that.....and for $22 a pretty good buy.......

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many,many people. I always go a little crazy at the auction and this time was no different. I came home with a lot of stuff- 2 bags of weitzmani cories, a bag of 5 rasboras fry(impulse buy) :chair: , a bag of Bolivian Red rams, many many plants, the 33 gallon tank with stand, misc stuff. My brother was the one who bought the mystery box of fish stuff that the auctioneers warned us all about. Got home really late last night still not sure what is in the box. So the mystery remains. So nice to finally put a face to someone on the site (fishclubgirl)when they gave you the cake. Would also like to thank all the runners(who this time were really run off their feet) :bow: :thumbs: :thumbs: and the auctioneers who without them their would be no auction :thumbs: :thumbs: :bow: and last but not least all the people who put stuff in the auction- who make it worth it to drive 4+ hours to Edmonton for the auction. :thumbs: :thumbs: Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahah yeah Allan the Pats won so I was happy. I left with a big bag of plecos from Harold so I wasnt shut out. I thought the auction looked huge! I havent been to that many, but it seemed bustling! Maybe ACE should move the venue if the turnouts are that large! Or maybe throw 3 auctions a year? I wonder if it was the most succesful auction for ACE yet?

Great job ACE :smokey:

Edited by JLake

I only bought 3 fish this auction and some "fishcrack" but i still think i spent more on food then fish... i brought a couple friends with me and they said the same thing... that the hall was too small for that many people... great turnout and i had alot of fun as usual.... i also liked that some of the auctions were for a charity i think 990 was the # very good idea!!!!

My feet are sore today from all the runnin yesterday I went to the auction with intent of coming home with a male albino bristlenose long finned woulda been awesome, and assassin snails.....and came home with neither. But I did come home with 4 albino eureka reds and a bag of endlers.

.....and everyone that bought the assassins when they run outta food I have plenty for them ;)

PS...who brought the ramshorn snails?......I was waiting for them to sell cause if they made money I was going to be a rich man next auction :drool:

Congratulations on your purchase of the swords! I had hoped to bid on them myself, but we had to leave before they were up! I had never seen a pair so large and colorful before. If they have babies, would you be willing to part with a few? Haven't seen swords since I was a kid LOL! by the by, how much did they go for? Had $15 set aside for them LOL

The auction was super fun as usual! A little bit too long, I was ready to crash by about 4pm. I was surprised at the prices. Things were going higher then I expected. I was hoping to get some good deals on cheap plants towards the end but they were still going for $10-20+. Good for the seller in me but bad for my now empty tank:(

I picked up a pair of lemon swordtails, some assassin snails,some java moss, and a metal framed tank I don't know why i bid on(anyone want it for free?). I also got some Crystal red shrimp and some Crypt parva off some AA members. Thanks!

Definitely had a fun time :beer:

I was kinda shocked too when I saw the turnout - wow what a lot of people. It is always nice to see so many and to get to talk to so many as well. I was glad to see the support for the club since this is one of the main money raisers of the year. A change of venue might be a good idea - almost to the point of standing room only.

Kudos to all the auctioneers and runners and everyone else who kept the event running like a well oiled machine.

Congratulations on your purchase of the swords! I had hoped to bid on them myself, but we had to leave before they were up! I had never seen a pair so large and colorful before. If they have babies, would you be willing to part with a few? Haven't seen swords since I was a kid LOL! by the by, how much did they go for? Had $15 set aside for them LOL

They were only 12$. I hadn't planned on buying them but they came up at the end and there wasn't much interest so I bid and won. They are gorgeous! I'll let you know when I get babies.

My scores were at Nature's Corner and Big Al's the day before. I sold some of my big swordplants so I have(had) room in my tanks for more plants!! I got some sagitarria platyphylla, eleocharis vivipara(umbrella hairgrass), limnophilia aquatica, red vals and crypt crisputula "balansae"(I think it's shorter version of a balansae). Also traded for some limia perugaie and bought some of the starving mountain swords. Had a great time and planned on being there earlier. However, helped a friend with labelling etc. who does not have OCD like myself. I started bagging dry goods on friday night!!!

thank you very much! Would love some little ones

They were only 12$. I hadn't planned on buying them but they came up at the end and there wasn't much interest so I bid and won. They are gorgeous! I'll let you know when I get babies.