Request & Reply Line

fairdeal

Are you ever able to get any Neolamprologus caudopunctatus?

I've never been asked about these dwarfs before but can look at the stock lists when I get them in the spring and let you know.

There is not much use in searching now as the stock lists change constantly but I will let you know.

Thanks, there is no rush. Just thought I'd ask since they are one of my favorite africans and would love to keep them again.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a few fish

Lethrinops Albus

Lethrinops Itungi (Red cap)

Lethrinops Intermedius

Taiwan Reef

Prefer all males or small groups of juveniles.

If you can hold out until spring I'll let you know. I won't be able to bring in anything from this region before about April.

Lethrinops Albus

Lethrinops Intermedius

Taiwan Reef

If you can hold out until spring I'll let you know. I won't be able to bring in anything from this region before about April.

You figure they would all become available in April? I am having a very tough time finding them in Canada anywhere.

Lethrinops Albus

Lethrinops Intermedius

Taiwan Reef

You figure they would all become available in April? I am having a very tough time finding them in Canada anywhere.

Sorry for the delay. I can't guarantee what the suppliers have in stock at any one time. Their stocks change according to what the fishermen bring in and some fish are seasonal so may be in stock for a brief period of time and then gone.

I request current stock lists just before I order and screen what I want from that so I can be fairly confident the fish I'm ordering are actually in stock and that I'll be getting them. Even stock lists a week or two old can throw a monkey wrench into the order as the more rare and harder to find fish tend to go very quickly.

If the fish I'm looking for aren't on the current lists I email and make enquiries as to when they might become available or if the supplier ever carries them at all. Then I have to look for the supplier that can fill my requests with the most fish I need. This requires a lot of time on my part to list all the fish I need and then sort through 6+ suppliers lists and come up with the one that can fill most of my requests at that particular time. As well I have to look under scientific name, common name and local name to properly identify the fish to ensure I'm getting what I want. There are always variants of species and a different locale can make a huge difference in the fishes appearance.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say I always do my best to obtain the harder more rare fish when I have the opportunity and putting together an order is not for the faint of heart. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Can you get ahold of any 6-7" cichla kelberi, intermedia or "teacup rays"?

I would have to check supplier lists just prior to ordering to see if they actually had any of your requests in stock at the time.

I can put them on the hold list if you don't mind waiting a month or two.

• 2 weeks later...