Request & Reply Line

fairdeal

Hi Garrett:

I will likely be placing an African order sometime in Sept. I'm working on getting price lists from a few suppliers that ship direct from the lakes rather than go through US wholesalers and should have the tank space by then if everything goes as planned.

Harold

That would be great! Sounds about right for timing as well as the tank still has to cycle. Let me know and if you could maybe get some of these guys in, that would save me a lot of trouble.

-Garrett

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Garrett:

I will likely be placing an African order sometime in Sept. I'm working on getting price lists from a few suppliers that ship direct from the lakes rather than go through US wholesalers and should have the tank space by then if everything goes as planned.

Harold

Ooooh Im also interested in this, please let me know when you get more info in regards to an african order :)

Hi Garrett:

Harold

Ooooh Im also interested in this, please let me know when you get more info in regards to an african order :)

Hi Garrett and Vince:

The 1st company I got a stock list from is some 10 pages long and contains fish from both lakes as I recall. It is a little different than dealing with S. Americans and will involve a much more in depth due diligence process. I hope to get a few more stock lists but that may just be wishful thinking as the vast majority of these lakeside exporters only deal direct with larger wholesalers. I'll keep you posted.

Harold

Hey, just wondering if you will be planning a trip to Edmonton after your SA stock comes in? Also, I couldn't find your prices on blue rams and the L121 and L134 plecos.

Next trip to Edmonton planned for Aug.6th. Blue rams I don't have and all the new plecos are being posted this morning.

been looking for THORICTHYS ELLIOT

how much and how big....thnks

Sometimes the S.American suppliers do handle a few species of Central Americans - will check the stock lists to see if any are right now.

hi harold this is a good timing for me again if you notice im looking to buy a wildcaught moba frontosa in U.S. hey i maybe chANGE MY MINE. i stay always with you maybe you can hooke me a juvie sizes for a moba frontosa.thanx see you in aug.6.

hi harold this is a good timing for me again if you notice im looking to buy a wildcaught moba frontosa in U.S. hey i maybe chANGE MY MINE. i stay always with you maybe you can hooke me a juvie sizes for a moba frontosa.thanx see you in aug.6.

I tried unsuccessfully to get 3 boxes of Africans from a US supplier 3 weeks ago only to find he lost his shipping priviledges with Delta and wasn't willing to find another carrier unless I increased my order to "make it worth his while". That is just 1 reason I'm looking to deal direct with the lakeside suppliers in Africa and eliminate the US wholesalers completely. I'll likely be placing my 1st order in late Sept. if I have sufficient tank space by then as I have to order a minimum of 10 boxes. If that goes well I should be able to order African cichlids at least a couple of times a year.

I tried unsuccessfully to get 3 boxes of Africans from a US supplier 3 weeks ago only to find he lost his shipping priviledges with Delta and wasn't willing to find another carrier unless I increased my order to "make it worth his while". That is just 1 reason I'm looking to deal direct with the lakeside suppliers in Africa and eliminate the US wholesalers completely. I'll likely be placing my 1st order in late Sept. if I have sufficient tank space by then as I have to order a minimum of 10 boxes. If that goes well I should be able to order African cichlids at least a couple of times a year.

So,thats what your talking about your bad experience with this supplier that i mentioned hey!Harold please try to find another supplier direct from africa specially wild caught i willing to share some hundred of dollar as long you can bring quality wild caught here in alberta.IM targeting a moba wild caugt or even juvies and another wild caught peacocks.

may I inquire please how much do you sell tropheus if ever you are going to have some soon? thanks

Tropheus may be on the African order if I can get enough interest - don't have the tank space to hold them for long.

Pricing will not be available until I see what is on the list and get a shipping cost but will let you know when I find out. What particular type(s) were you interested in and what size(s)?