Wadjya Git?!

jvision

Came home with 4 sunburst peacocks and 2 eureka orange peacocks.....and only spent $16.....oh and the lwanda peacock male Harold brought me form Calgary.......the females have sure taken a shining for him....dim the lights.....turn on the music......light a few candles LOLcensored.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a 33 gallon tank, along with a light that is too long for said tank lol. an AC55, an anubias, some heaters and then a red leaved plant that I dont know the name of.

That RO unit went for dirt cheap too. too bad you lost it, would have been a nice thing to have. And there were definitely a ton of cherry shrimp there, a ton of which were bought up by my buddy lol, he went nuts on those for sure. I watched a pair of Red Oscars get bought up for a toonie. Not too bad lol.

Im already looking forward to the one in October. Ill have to buy some cheap show fish.

Actually I didn't walk away empty handed as Oneroid was kind enough to split a rare hygrophilia(that's a plant DanG) with me. Definitely made out like a bandit all weekend and scored some gorgeous liberty mollies at Big Als too.

Could also come down to the Calgary auction, on April 3.

it was interesting to see the price that the cherry shrimp were going for. I tend to cull mine very hard. If the females aren't a nice dark red, they are severum food! The males have to at least have a good solid pink look, or they get to be food too. It makes for a nice strain of them, but at an auction you can't really tell unless you have looked at them in advance, or are a runner or auctioneer so you get a close look at them.

I was so tempted to bid on those greens and yellows, but have too many breeding projects going right now to dedicate a tank to them. Maybe in the future I will work on some higher grade shrimp. For now my low grade cherrys and CRS will have to do!

I should have stayed home-would have saved money.LOL Love my twice yearly auctions. My brother and I drove down from G.P. at 3:30 AM so that I (we) could go to the sale. Roads were hell, but we made it. Got all the tetras I wanted, some kribs-some went super cheap, and some green shrimp-hope I can keep them alive. Have to read up on them. Also so many plants that I am not sure where they are going in my tanks. Many anubias, java fern, chain swords and vals, and some I have no idea about. I am guessing my java moss forests in most of my tanks are going to be nearly clear cut so I can plant these plants. Had a great time. Thanks to the auctioneers, runners and sellers. :bow: :thumbs: I may have to think about becoming a member so I can sell some of my excess aquatic critters and stuff.

You just never know what to expect at these auctions/// I was responsible for many of the spixi snails and green shrimp... infact most of those that also had the green shrimp and snails are from mine that I brought in a year or two ago now and gave away for the most part... gives me satsifaction that so many people now have them and are distributing them.

I was amazed at a couple of things that happened other then that however.... I had a pair of adult GoldHeads / proven pair that are outstanding... I believe the Male is wild and the female was from some F1 or 2 fry that I purchased from a person on the forum... they nary got a bid and finally the auctioneer purchased them... Glad they found a good home in good hands. Then on the other hand many of my plants and shrimp and snails had muttiple bidders... oh well it all works out at the end.... :rolleyes:

I would like to thank all the club members that helped out with the auction and I pledge that I will lend a hand next go around.. fully intended this auction however I wasnt sure that I should be running around at the moment as I am just finnishing up with the effects of a concussion that I recieved playing racquetball a few weeks ago :chair:

Edited by corrosionjerry

Truth is, we are very blessed in Alberta to have 2 of the best auctioneers around, with at least 2 more that are fully capable. I was going to sub in for a bit, but they were on a roll, and time was tight. As well at it's a bit intimidating to follow that act!

It's got to be entertaining for the people that sit there for almost a full day, and for the auctioneers who have been doing this for years. The mistakes are rare, and it goes so smoothly it amazes me.

It's a fun comedy show, and their ability to ad lib is near legendary. It's a pretty good time and some good stuff to be had too! :smokey:

I had a great time at both the auction and the workshop. I think the best move i made all day was working in the kitchen. Sure i walked... Limped away with only 2 Hydor cannister filters, 1 bag of female bettas and some snail crack but my Spixi snails did much better than i ever imagined THANKS DAN. Having no cash i had to be careful with my bidding and not get to even close to over i still had lots of fun and i'll more than likely be found in the kitchen again next auction just to be on the safe side.

I'm glad everyone had a good time. Those bowfront aquariums WOW :drool: If i had the cash i'd have paid 100$ in a heartbeat congrats to the one who walked away with one.

Maybe i'll see some of you again in calgary.

Have a great day

L

Yeah, that 45 bowfront that went for $55 belonged to a friend of mine. Luckily, he was standing in line to get Levar Burton's autograph at the Comic/Toy Convention, or he might have cried out loud! :) If I had space and weren't moving in a week, I'd have bought it, myself!